What's new

Help with a BLOCKED caller with an AT&T iPhone

jb0579

Reaction score
I need someone who is willing to tke on a challenge for me...I have an AT&T iPhone and was getting DOZENS of calls from a pharmacy harassing me. AT&T is archaic in the services they offer for this type of thing, though I did purchase their $5/month service to block certain numbers. I entered the offending number and this worked for about 3 weeks. Now all they do is "BLOCK" their number to bypass AT&T's weak system. I called AT&T and they have NO (can you believe this?) NO way to block a blocked caller like every other 10 cent phone company in the entire world. Additionally, My iPhone doesn't have a way to block numbers or blocked callers. I know I can just change my number, but I've had it forever and everyone I associate with knows it - besides - there should be a way to beat these $V<kers!!! Any ideas? Oh, one more thing, I thought of removing them off my blocked list, and then whenever they called I could selectively forward their call to the police, but I fear that now they have identified me as blocking their number they just now automatically BLOCK the calls, so their number won't ever appear again, probably...

I am curious, why don't you just pay your pharmacy bill?

Skull One said:

LOL!
you are naughty Skull - but i like you kiss! kiss! ;).

set your known numbers to a different ring tone, set you common ring to silent.

put advice on your vm message that you don't answer blocked or with-held numbers.

Not a total solution but helps :)
Only answer calls that give a number

Another option is get unlisted caller baring or a 'call minder' fitted on your home phone, divert unlisted numbers manually by pressing ignore on your handset. (Set call forwarding to your home phone number).

Caller then gets a refusal of connection message

Get a specific ring tone for the pharmacy, then set your call forwarding to a different extension within the same pharmacy. Then every time the pharmacy calls, hit the ignore button, and the pharmacy will be calling one of their own extensions. At some point, they should become tired of calling themselves.

Also you can hit the ignore option for all blocked callers. That should discourage EVERYONE with a blocked number from repeat calls.

Last edited:

It's not a matter of paying a bill, it's a matter of an online pharmacy wanting to sell me allergy and other meds! Use your noggin!

They have one of those VoIP setups wherein they can call out, but you can't call in - it gives a MSG that says they don't accept incoming calls. But I though about forwarding their calls to the FTC, FCC, or the police! That'd be funny!!

My bad! You were messin with me. Good one- you got me!