What's new

Help! Wife getting error message about apple ID being disabled

Jim1970

Reaction score
Hello,

Posting in an effort to help my wife solve her iPhone 4s problem. We are on Verizon, and her phone is the 16gig model.

Phone and all settings were fine until about a month ago. It came right after she downloaded iOS 6.01 - this went fine, but since then she has had this problem. She didn't know there was a problem until she tried to download a program to her phone and received the message that her apple ID had been disabled. After some digging online, we found out how she could go to a website and correct the problem. She found that the email she had on file was not valid - otherwise, everything was fine. She made the correction, saved the data, and then received the message (on the computer) that her account was good to go. Next, she tried on her phone to download a file - and received the same message - that her apply ID had been disabled.

How do we fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Jim

First, fully close out the App Store app. Then, go in and, at the bottom of the Featured, Categories or Top 25 tabs, tap on the App ID button and select the 'Sign Out" option. Then, you should be able to re-tap on the button to get the opportunity to sign in (or maybe you have to look for an app - i'm not sure because I've not signed out of my account...).

Once you sign in with the new e-mail and password, things should work. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Mickey330,

My wife is home and tried your suggestion. There is no Apple ID button listed on the bottom of her screen when she opens the app store. The buttons present include featured, top charts, genius, search, and updates.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you,

Jim

Mickey330,

My wife is home and tried your suggestion. There is no Apple ID button listed on the bottom of her screen when she opens the app store. The buttons present include featured, top charts, genius, search, and updates.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you,

Jim

What Marilyn is trying to say is not specifically a button that says "Apple ID" on it, rather the Apple ID itself, like <username>@gmail.com that may be present on the bottom