What's new

help sending calendar event to another person

halfmonkey

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this out for the longest time and at first, I just gave up on the issue when I first got the 4S. I even went to the genius bar and they couldn't figure it out either so I'm hoping someone on here mught have an answer. Doing a search didn't result in anybody asking the same question, at least that I could find so here goes.

I've got a Yahoo account, a Gmail account, and the iCloud account. I've got my phone synced with all three for emails but only iCloud for calendar. What I'm trying to accomplish is, when creating anew calendar event, I want to be able to sent (or have the calendar application) send a copy of the event I just created to my wife to automatically put into her phone/calendar of choice. When I had a droid, this was as easy as creating the event and then including her on the details of the event as an invitee. Once I created the event, it would automatically notify my wife that a new event has been created ready to be added to her calendar. Even as I made changes to the event, her calendar would update.

So now, I'm trying to do the same thing with my 4S and I can't seem to do this. First, if I create the calendar event using any account/calendar other than iCloud, I can't even add an invitee. Meaning, if I try and create a calendar event in the calendar app through my google account, I can't add an invitee. It will populate in my google calendar but it won't populate in my wife's because I was never able to add her as an invitee.

In order for me to have the ability to add an invitee, I have to create the calendar event using the iCloud calendar. The wierd thing, when I use this calendar, every email account that I add receives the notification except for my wife's place of employment. Oddly, my work email is Outlook as well as hers but she doesn't receive my notification. We did a test with a co-worker of hers and she didn't receive it either.

Can anybody help me with this as it seems to be a settings issue? Any suggestions are grwatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ok I tried what your describing with my phone and my wife's phone they're both 4S's both running iOS 5.0.1.

I created an event on my phone and sent an invitation to my wife. After a few seconds an invitation popped up on her phone where I was able to accept it or not. I of course accepted it and than I went to her calendar to dee if the event had been created and it was there.

The one thing that I did was first go into her phone and checked to see what address was associated with iCloud on her phone to make sure I was sending it to the correct address.

I'm actually glad you asked this question since I have always wondered if this was possible.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.
John

I know this is an old thread but it still shows up on google. The main thing you need to try us if the calendar invitation isn't showing on either phone is to go into settings under "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" scroll down to the bottom and make sure "New invitation alerts" is selected on. That along with the post above mine shoul make it work.