What's new

help plz > how to remove jailbreak and update to 6.1

ahmedtite

Reaction score
hello everyone

I'am new in iphone world and I don't know to much about restore or jailbreak etc...

so

I have iphone 4s with 5.0.1 ios version with jailbreak > and I want to update it to ios 6.1 and but I don't know how

I heard I must remove jailbreak by restoring it >>

My Question

1 >> what should I download ipsw 5.0.1 or 6.1 - I want to update it to 6.1 and my iso version is 5.0.1

2 >> how to restoring it and update if I must restoring it by 5.0.1 ios version

I hope to answer quickly

and many thanks > and Sorry If you wait too long you to read this post

Download the iOS 6.1 IPSW for the iPhone 4S, put the 4S into DFU mode, restore it using iTunes using the 6.1 IPSW you downloaded.

Once done, download and run Evasi0n and follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your device.

OR you can just update through iTunes then run evasi0n and jailbreak. No need for DFU. At least I didn't have to on my 4S from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. Make sure you sync before you begin

It's not that it won't work w/I DFU mode. Just that, when you're updating, downgrading or re-restoring a Jailbroken iDevice DFU allows a clean and more thorough process. "Device Firmware Update" mode says it all.

thanks to all of you friends >>> I will do these steps after the ios 6.1 downloaded finish ^_^ thankssssssssssss

It's not that it won't work w/I DFU mode. Just that, when you're updating, downgrading or re-restoring a Jailbroken iDevice DFU allows a clean and more thorough process. "Device Firmware Update" mode says it all.

Thanks for the insight. I'll do that next time. I know what DFU means tho