What's new

OMG I'm freaking out!! iPhone 4 (16GB) updated to iOS 6.1 & now it's locked up

Techie_Mom

Reaction score
I updated my iPhone 4 (16GB) to the new iOS 6.1 today following directions and using my HOTSPOT and not sure if my toddler did something or due to the update, I suddenly lost internet and that locked it up.

But I now have the USB Arrow into iTunes symbol on my phone and using my hubby's HOTSPOT, and it keeps giving me an error message, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in Recovery mode. You must restore this iphone before ..."

HELP ME!! I don't want to lose anything, I am pretty sure I backed up before I started the process.

***UPDATE*** My issues have been solved and my phone has been fully restored!! If a Moderator needs/wishes to close this thread, that is fine. Thank you.

Attachments

• $iPhone Recovery Mode.jpg
    $iPhone Recovery Mode.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Hard reboot it by holding the sleep/power and home button together and release it the second you see the Apple logo.

Hard reboot it by holding the sleep/power and home button together and release it the second you see the Apple logo.

Nope, tried this a number of times to no avail. I still get the USB pic and the error message to 'restore to factory'. :(

Will, thanks for the help and the download links. But I was getting a migraine so I just shut down last night. I'm sitting here in Verizon this morning and just did a factory restore and thankfully I had backed up before I started the update last night, so it seems all is well.

Thanks again.