What's new

Help on Alarm

sendoor

Reaction score
Hi,

Last sunday our time has changed as 1 hour early. (Day light saving - Australia) After that if I keep the alarm for week days, The alarm is ringing 1 hour early. But the single alarm which will never repeat, is ringing correctly.

After that I've downloaded some alarm application in apple store. Same problem. Could anyone help me on this regards.

Thanks.

Go to settings>general>time and date. And set your clock to the correct time. The alarm function goes off the phone clock so if it's off an hour so will your alarm.

Go to settings>general>time and date. And set your clock to the correct time. The alarm function goes off the phone clock so if it's off an hour so will your alarm.
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

The time showing correctly.

Other thing is if I create single alarm which will never repeat, its ringing correctly.

If I create alarm which will repeat for week days, then Its ringing 1 hour early. Say If I put alarm for 7am, its ringing on 6am. But still the time for the phone shoing correctly.

How its possible?

To you have the time set manually or on automatic? Try setting it manually even if it's showing correctly. Then power it completely down and restart.

To you have the time set manually or on automatic? Try setting it manually even if it's showing correctly. Then power it completely down and restart.

It was originally set for automatic. After your first post, I did change to manual. And I restarted. Same prob... The problem only for repeat alarms. Single alarm is working properly. Is anyone else having such problem after daylight saving time change?

I'm having the same problem after daylight saving changed over. Other people mentioned some applications might be affecting it I.e world war, racing, and imobster. I've deleted all these games now but it's still the same.

Alarm still not goin off or goin off 1hour early! This is frustrating!

No worries. This is a bug in iOS4.1. If you see the apple discussion forum, there are lots of threads regarding this issue. But apple team doesn’t reply for these. Hopefully they will rectify this in 4.2 update.

No meaning of doing following things: (because I did all these)
1. Changing the time settings as automatic to manual.
2. Deleting installed applications.
3. Remove the alarm, and set again.
4. Reset the phone, or restore.

There are 2 solutions for this.
1. If you want to wake up at 6.00, set your alarm on 7.00
2. Change your computer Date as earlier than the day light saving month or change your country zone to which is not in the daylight saving. Then Sync your phone completely using I tune.

Hi, I have the same problem as well. I just set the alarm an hour on, so for a 7am alarm I set the repeat for 8am.

I think it might have something to do with the fact we had daylight savings early, it should have been the end of October, US is on the 9th of November so I'm hoping it will resolve once we get past that