What's new

Help no sim help pleaseeeee

Nathen frain

Reaction score
Hi I've got an iPhone 5 and it came up with no sim after about 4 months of buying it.. I purchased it from a 2nd hand phone shop and I've took it to a guy who fixes them and he said that the problem is this sim card carrier and it should have 6 little prongs what read the sim card and the picture attached is the phone with 5 prongs
Screenshot_2015-01-07-14-14-28.png

Can your friend replace the SIM card reader? That's what it will take to fix your iPhone 5.

So with the prong missing the sim card won't read at all?

So with the prong missing the sim card won't read at all?
That's right. You'll have to get the SIM card reader repaired before you can use the phone on a cellular network. It will still work on WiFi but if you ever have to restore the phone you won't be able to re activate it without repairing the SIM card reader.

I've had a new sim card reader fitted and now it only works for a few minutes and then says no sim again I pick it up and it works again for a few minutes any ideas pleaseeeeee

I have done exactly what he suggested by getting a new sim card reader fitted but now I have a problem with the phone as it will read a sim then stop then read it again etc

I have done exactly what he suggested by getting a new sim card reader fitted but now I have a problem with the phone as it will read a sim then stop then read it again etc
Maybe there are other problems in addition to the faulty SIM card reader you replaced? Are you sure that the new SIM card reader was installed correctly, there is the possibility of a faulty connection that cuts out frequently.

Maybe and I took it to someone who knows what there doing... I will try and take it back to him

Have you tried different SIM cards in the phone to eliminate the possibility of a faulty SIM card?

Yes two of the same network an one from a different network still no look

If the person who repaired your phone does a diagnostic test it should be able to tell what is causing to intermittently stop reading your SIM card.