What's new

Help needed iphone4 hacktivation/unlock please!

Pastelevision

Reaction score
Hi! So I've successfully jailbroken an iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 with greenpois0n, but my friend's iPhone 4 is not activated so I can't jailbreak it before I try to unlock it via ultrasnow. They gave her the right size sim at a t-mobile store. I found a YouTube video demonstrating how do it via redsnow 0.9.10 beta 6, but when I go to program compatibility it doesn't list Windows XP service pack 3 or run as an administrator as an option! I double checked that this was indeed my OS and that I am my computer's admin. It only lists early versions of Windows and NT service pack 5. This is truly baffling me! Please help or point me in the direction of bypassing the activation. Also I found out it was an iPhone 4 by looking at the model #, but how do I know if it's GSM 9B206 or 9B208? I can't go into settings cause it's not activated as I said. I ask because the youtube video says I need to download the firmware file. I also am only suspecting it's 5.1.1 cause I think it's pretty new. This is the video I'm referring to:
I'm a little nervous there's a recent comment saying it bricked their phone, but there's over 500 comments and from what I've come to believe through research is that bricking is a dated term and that bricking is almost impossible if at all. Any help would be so much appriciated! Thank you thank you thank you!

-Eva

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you not able to use the latest redsn0w 0.9.14b2.. and choose the Hactivate option?