What's new

Please! Need some help with iPhone 3GS! My first iPhone..

chucksmeg1

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am new in this forum and hope someone can help me out here.
I recently purchased a used iPhone 3gs from a guy here in Berlin, Germany. He was very nice and very honest.
I got the phone jailbroken with iOS 4.1 installed. I really didn't want to upgrade or anything but because this version of the iOS was too old, i couldn't install ANY apps. They were all incompatible with this old version of iOS.

So my odyssey began. Forum after forum, video after video, i tried learning as much as i could about upgrading and jailbreaking. I finally downloaded the 6.0.1 firmware and the latest version of redsn0w. First i recovered the phone and upgraded from iTunes to the latest iOS. Then, with redsn0w, i selected the firmware previously downloaded and jailbroke it, selecting only the option "install Cydia" and not the "iPad baseband" one, for fear of bricking or for fear of not being able to ever being able to recover the device. So i spent literally 2 days in the whole process and finally got passed the activation of the device, downloaded the packages in Cydia (ultrasn0w and all) and etc etc etc.

But my phone now still says "No Service", no matter what. I even have the "original" Sim card the guy gave me, and nothing. Just for a fact, i even tried restoring the device and activating it with the original Sim and original iOS through iTunes, but it still acused no Sim inserted. I am very disappointed and sad after two days of little sleep trying to get my first iPhone to properly work.

The phone was working before (reception at least) so i know its not a hardware problem.

Anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how could i possibly have it recognize my O2 Sim card from Germany?

My 3gs was made in week 39 of 2009 and was AT&T locked, i suppose.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Paulo

Did you install ultrasn0w through Cydia? And make sure your basenand is compatible with ultrasn0w