What's new

Help! My Iphone 3GS is stuck and I can't get it unstuck

fallen63

Reaction score
Ok so let me start by saying thanks ahead for anyone who will try to help me, I have be scouring the internet trying to find anything to help fix my phone. Let me start off by saying everything that led up to the way it's acting now. I have an Iphone 3Gs that I have been using for tmobile unlocked, I wasn't really thinking about it and I updated to official firmware 6.1 and my phone was not able to activate due to me having a tmobile sim and not at&t. So to fix this i found a tutorial on youtube to help "hacktivate" my phone. I downloaded official firmware 6.0, downloaded the latest version of redsn0w and proceeded to follow the instructions, First i selected the 6.0 firmware, then i selected to boot tethered, when it booted up it worked fine, and I was able to go on cydia as i was told to find the evasi0n program so that my phone would be on an untethered jailbreak. I couldn't find it anywhere and my phone cord was pulled out on accident and the phone shut off. I tried plugging it back in and when i turned on redsn0w again it said it was in dfu mode still, so i proceeded to boot now again to restart my process, for some reason instead of booting up properly the phone had a white screen, i left it alone and eventually after an hour of waiting i unplugged it and about ten minutes later the screen shut off, when i replugged it back in the computer yet again said it was in dfu mode. The point is, I have tried restoring it with itunes, redsn0w, and doing a hard restore, Ive also tried multiple times to jailbreak it tethered again to get it to go back to where it was and no matter what it goes to that white screen, shuts off, and reenters dfu mode, I really need my phone and I'm hoping someone can help me because this is driving me crazy, I can usually fix stuff like this on my own, but for some reason I am missing something. Please help and thank you again for your comments. Oh and I have the old bootrom version of the phone.

It's safe to say that with all the forcing out of DFU mode, jailbreaking and rejailbreaking you have gummed up the operating system. Do a hardware reset and then put the device into DFU mode manually then restore in iTunes.

It's safe to say that with all the forcing out of DFU mode, jailbreaking and rejailbreaking you have gummed up the operating system. Do a hardware reset and then put the device into DFU mode manually then restore in iTunes.

The iphone refuses to do a hard reset, i held down the power and home button for 60 seconds and the phone stays in dfu mode, I tried to manually restore with itunes and it went through the motions, all of a sudden the white screen came up on the phone and then itunes said "Waiting for Iphone" and nothing happens, its just staying on the white screen

I tried it again and it said error 1600 itunes can't restore the phone

160X is a driver issue. Unplug your iPhone, uninstall your USB port drivers, reboot your PC and re-try. If that doesn't work, you'll need another computer to do this.

160X is a driver issue. Unplug your iPhone, uninstall your USB port drivers, reboot your PC and re-try. If that doesn't work, you'll need another computer to do this.
Ok so I did that and now itunes is saying unknown error 3194 and it can't restore I've tried twice

3194 is an IPSW or host error. In the case of the 3GS, it's most likely a host issue. Close out iTunes and end all iTunes processes. Go to your host file, delete any gs.apple.com lines. Delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory as your Host file if applicable. Flush your DNS, and retry.

I had the same white screen problem on my iPhone 3GS (its called the "White Screen of Death"), but that was because I installed a custom IPSW (iOS 5.1.1) with new bootrom instead of the old bootrom. So what finally worked for me was taking the phone apart to disconnect the logicboard from the battery (this clears the temporary memory or something). Keep it disconnected for sometime, around an hour. Connect everything back again. (You can go to iFixit for details on how to tear down an iPhone). Then you'll be able to restore again. Worked for me! :D