What's new

Help jailbreaking my Iphone 4s on Verizon

RyanD878

Reaction score
Its has modem firmware version 2.0.12, and its runnion IOS 5.1.1(9B206). Carrier verion is 12.0 if that helps more. What do I need to jailbreak this cofiguration? Can some reccommend some free jailbreaking apps that will work on this? Thanks for any help!

Currently there is no jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1. on the iPhone 4S. However, one is in the works and we should see it released soon.

And for future reference all you need to say is "Verizon" and then we know that the modem firmware is obsolete......It just doesn't matter what bsaeband you have on a CDMA iPhone.

Carrier version..........You'll *never* need to know what that is either.

All you ever have to worry about on your 4S is the iOS version....and literally nothing else when it comes to jailbreaking.

The jailbreak will be out in a day or 2.......I'm guessing the day after tomorrow.

Pretty much all tweaks will work on your phone that say they are iOS 5 compatible, but always make sure to check and see that they are comapatible with 5.1.1, because I'm sure there are a small amount of tweaks that are not fully compatible with 5.1.1......But that never last long.

Just remember that not everything from Cydia will work on your iOS version, and were only made for older version of iOS, and some tweaks aren't made for an iPhone at all. Some are device specific, like for iPod Touch, iPad,etc...Just be sure to check compatibility and you should be fine.

Thanks bro, I'm new to iphones and apple products, but defineatly want to unlock it when software is availible. I'll keep checking periodically, thanks!

RyanD878 said:
Thanks bro, I'm new to iphones and apple products, but defineatly want to unlock it when software is availible. I'll keep checking periodically, thanks!

You cannot unlock a Verizon iPhone.

It is virtually impossible and will *never* happen. It's just not possible to do.

I think you keep confusing "jailbreaking" and "unlocking".

They are 2 completely different things.

Jailbreaking is not unlocking.

Jailbreaking is the process of installing an application called "Cydia" which allows you to customize every aspect of the device.

Unlocking is breaking the lock from the phone to the carrier network...which cannot be done on a Verizon iPhone because Verizon is a CDMA network...only GSM iPhones can be unlocked...like AT&T.

For example...a Verizon iPhone will "only" be able to be used with Verizon...but an AT&T iPhone could be unlocked to work on T-Mobile or another GSM carrier that uses SIM cards.