What's new

Why cant I jailbreak my iPhone?

SwiftAndSure

Reaction score
Ive downloaded absinthe etc and im now trying to put the software from the laptop to the phone I connect my phone it starts to jailbreak then about a 10th into it, it stalls I left it for around 3 hours and it still didnt progress im having the save problem over and over again.

My version is 5.1.1 (9b206)
Model is mc605b
modem firmware - 04.12.01

could any of them mean anything?

Any help at all is apprecaited?

I will try that tonight, do you have a link by any chance? Not the best with jail breaking.

thanks alot

does anyone know if the model number means anything? one guy said it means locked and cant be jb?

You need to do a restore right before you jailbreak. Set up as new phone and don't restore from backup. Once it's restored, don't touch the phone and leave it connected. Open up absinthe and press jailbreak. Download it from green poison website. You don't need redsnow. If you follow these instructions it will go flawless

Sent from my iPhone 4

SwiftAndSure said:
Ive downloaded absinthe etc and im now trying to put the software from the laptop to the phone I connect my phone it starts to jailbreak then about a 10th into it, it stalls I left it for around 3 hours and it still didnt progress im having the save problem over and over again.

My version is 5.1.1 (9b206)
Model is mc605b
modem firmware - 04.12.01

could any of them mean anything?

Any help at all is apprecaited?

What device do you have?

iPhone 4?
iPhone 4S?
iPhone 3GS?

Sorry I cannot tell what model you have by the model number.

Just saying...if you have an iPhone 4/3GS...the a DFU jailbreak with redsn0w is always the best way to go.

If you have a 4S then you have to restore and setup as new then jailbreak.

MC605B is an iPhone4 and ya DFU ramdisk is why I recommended using Redsn0w instead of Absinthe. It takes longer but it is a better way to jailbreak.

I jailbreak just fine with the restore and absinthe method on my iPhone 4

Sent from my iPhone 4

I just think he should try doing it the correct way and restore first because that's most likely his problem

Sent from my iPhone 4

You do not need to restore in order to jailbreak, and redsn0w is the "correct" way. There is more than one correct way to jailbreak a device.

Sorry I didn't necessarily mean it was the "correct" way. But restoring beforehand makes the jailbreak process go smoother and faster which is why I think he should try it because apparently its taking him 3 hours and won't successfully jailbreak. After I restore it literally takes about 2 minutes maybe less to jailbreak my phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Last edited: