What's new

To jailbreak or NOT to jailbreak, that is the question (4s on verizon)

philinpdx

Reaction score
I'm curious what is the advantages and disadvantages of jailbreaking? I mean I'm already with the carrier (Verizon) that I want and so what could I gain by doing this? I saw on the signature of someone else's post 'no jailbreaking, no way no how' also indicating that it's not a good idea perhaps... why bother unless you want to switch to another carrier?

I do understand maybe one advantage is being able to more easily copy files back & forth from your mac w/o having to just synch with iTunes is that it?

Thanks & pardon my naivete.

Phil

You are talking about unlocking which has nothing to do with jailbreaking. Jailbreaking gives you root access and complete control over your phone, there are dozens of reasons why you would want to jailbreak. However, since you have a 4S it is not currently possible for you to jailbreak.

my iphone4 is jailbroken and honestly, i don't really make use of it AT ALL!
Jailbreak or not, i think it all depends on what kind of a user you are. If you love playing with ur phone and messing about, then do it. as for me, i only use the phone to make phone calls, send txt msgs, playing some games, get on social networks and sometimes listen to music, for all these functions, i don't see the need to jailbreak the phone.

my iphone4 is jailbroken and honestly, i don't really make use of it AT ALL!
Jailbreak or not, i think it all depends on what kind of a user you are. If you love playing with ur phone and messing about, then do it. as for me, i only use the phone to make phone calls, send txt msgs, playing some games, get on social networks and sometimes listen to music, for all these functions, i don't see the need to jailbreak the phone.
I use it for the same reason as you.. But having tweaks installed to help them programs out and make my life easier is a plus... Btw this thread was dead lol