What's new

Help!! Is my iPhone dead??

afletcher859

Reaction score
hi guys i have a serious problem, i think my iPhone is dead i have looked everywhere but can't find a solution.

My problem is i have an iPhone 3gs that was on 4.3.5. the warranty was up so i decided to jailbreak it, so first of all i attempted to downgrade it i kept getting a load of errors in iTunes until finally it worked when i put it in pwned dfu using redsn0w. It restored but ended up back stuck in dfu. i tried fix recovery and it didn't work. tried a few other things and eventually it came to life by telling redsn0w to "just boot" so it showed a pineapple picture then came on and was on 4.3.3 but wasn't jailbroken and had no cydia. so then i used redsn0w to jailbreak it. it when through the jailbreak process then came up with the pineapple with a blue loading bar underneath. the loading bar got to about 1/3 of the way through then the phone went off. it was stuck back in dfu again so i told red snow to just boot again. the phone came on and cydia was there. i locked the phone and made the baby his dinner picked the phone up and there was nothing on the screen. i couldnt turn the phone on and holding home and sleep did nothing. i used my girlfriends phone to ring my phone and it rang but the phone made no noise. plugging it in to the wall for an hour did nothing either. now this morning i tried again. i can actually get the phone in to dfu but if i try to restore i get 1600 error in iTunes and if i try to restore in pwned dfu iTunes just hangs on preparing iPhone for restore. if i try anything in redsn0w it hangs on waiting for iPhone reboot or something and if i exit recovery in tiny umbrella i get a white screen for 10 mins then it goes off. i have tried everything! please help!!!!

hi guys i have a serious problem, i think my iPhone is dead i have looked everywhere but can't find a solution.

My problem is i have an iPhone 3gs that was on 4.3.5. the warranty was up so i decided to jailbreak it, so first of all i attempted to downgrade it i kept getting a load of errors in iTunes until finally it worked when i put it in pwned dfu using redsn0w. It restored but ended up back stuck in dfu. i tried fix recovery and it didn't work. tried a few other things and eventually it came to life by telling redsn0w to "just boot" so it showed a pineapple picture then came on and was on 4.3.3 but wasn't jailbroken and had no cydia. so then i used redsn0w to jailbreak it. it when through the jailbreak process then came up with the pineapple with a blue loading bar underneath. the loading bar got to about 1/3 of the way through then the phone went off. it was stuck back in dfu again so i told red snow to just boot again. the phone came on and cydia was there. i locked the phone and made the baby his dinner picked the phone up and there was nothing on the screen. i couldnt turn the phone on and holding home and sleep did nothing. i used my girlfriends phone to ring my phone and it rang but the phone made no noise. plugging it in to the wall for an hour did nothing either. now this morning i tried again. i can actually get the phone in to dfu but if i try to restore i get 1600 error in iTunes and if i try to restore in pwned dfu iTunes just hangs on preparing iPhone for restore. if i try anything in redsn0w it hangs on waiting for iPhone reboot or something and if i exit recovery in tiny umbrella i get a white screen for 10 mins then it goes off. i have tried everything! please help!!!!

Do you have back up shhh blobs for 4.3.3. Im guessing you have used custom IOS you'll need to download. One or two if 4.3.3 dont work. Then put phone into Pure DFU mode Restore with the custom IOS If you need one making i'll be happy to do so or i'll find one for you. I have had same issue's myself with my phone but i have some unknown one at mo just hit me back. If you need customs thanks.

i don't have back up blobs as i don't know what they are if you could sort me out with some customs that would be much appreciated but u may need to give me a step by step as i aint to sure when it comes to blobs and that stuff i used a redmond guide that didn't say anything about blobs. cheers bud!

i don't have back up blobs as i don't know what they are if you could sort me out with some customs that would be much appreciated but u may need to give me a step by step as i aint to sure when it comes to blobs and that stuff i used a redmond guide that didn't say anything about blobs. cheers bud!

ok 1st of all down load this moderated - no external links! Let me know when you have done this.

And this moderated - no external links!

1st of all open ifaith tell it to dump the blob files. on the phone if you have 4.3.3. saved download

moderated - no external links! whats 4.3.3 You will also need Tiny Download from moderated - no external links! Let me know when you have all file's

Next we are going to make a ios with Ifaith with the back up shhh blobs saved to your pc. To do this we need to open up Ifaith and tell it to make a ios using the shhh file's.

Now you'll have 4 Ios file's

Why four well the other's are for back up. ill wait till u get back to me as next bit is a pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok lemme jus switch to windows as I'm on a mac il i will have to get bootcamp up

ah started using ifaith the updated version it got through a few steps now iphone is stuck on white screen same as it gets when using fix recovery in tinyumbrella. i will let you know in a few minutes if it comes out of it

Ok well if its dumping the shh blobs it'll be ok x dont dub post just hit edit last post :)

If it's not going to dump the blobs. we will just do it the hard way but you'll be on ios moderated - no external links! Click to download it.

Now need to put phone into dfu mode with itune's.

To do this Step One
Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your pc/mac

Step Two
Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time

Step Three

After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

4986-500.png

(((The iPhone screen will remain black like this)))

4987.png

Next Hold down shift key and find the custom ios just downloaded and hit restore.

You may get two error code's 1st one is normal second error code is due to its custom ios to fix this just use tiny.

Ok when resorting it may crash just unplug the usb and put it back in hit ok on the error.

wooooohoooooooooooo i still need to fix but i have images on my screen. it didnt dump the blobs but ifaith pulled it out of the black screen :D. im still going to go ahead with this though and make sure it is fixed properly.

well ifaith pulled it out of the black screen and i managed to boot the device tetherd and then it did exactly what it did last night and i have lost it again so looks like the firmware is messed up man

Last edited:
wooooohoooooooooooo i still need to fix but i have images on my screen. it didnt dump the blobs but ifaith pulled it out of the black screen :D. im still going to go ahead with this though and make sure it is fixed properly
ifaith is your friend same with google shame we cant get hold of your shhh blobs and tiny messes up with blobs most time's custom is best wait a sec ill see if i can find a pre jailbroken one

Ok got one what's activated moderated - no external links! Then just Run latest Redsn0w and don’t select anything just follow the orders. and its jb.

hey im not sure how to do this with red snow when u say dont select anything and follow orders. do i install this firmware using itunes or not? thanks

hey im not sure how to do this with red snow when u say dont select anything and follow orders. do i install this firmware using itunes or not? thanks

Yes install the ios with itunes but do it in dfu mode. :) And to jb open red snow and let it do rest as its pre jailbroken.

ok. do i do it in pwned dfu as it is a custom ios??

managed to get ifaith going again only problem is that it takes about half hour for it to pull phone out of black screen mode. i have to sit with a blank white screen now! lol hopefully i will have a once again working phone in the next hour or 2 :(

Last edited: