What's new

Help Iphone 3G 3.1.3

Zefx

Reaction score
Hey there,

My father has an iPhone 3g, 3.1.3 jailbroken, locked to carrier. However as he needs to travel now and use a different SIM in other countries, I want to jailbreak it. As we have lost our receipt its impossible to get it officially unlocked in the shop (long story).

As I have already jailbreak'd it ( I think it was Jailbreakme ), I am not sure how to proceed to unlock it. As I understand I have to update to the Ipad baseband and then unlock? Anyone can point me to the right tutorial I need to look at? Everywhere I look its tutorials how to jailbreak and then unlock, but as I have already jailbroken Iam not sure whether that will work..

Thanks in advance.

Since you're on 3.1.3 it is likely that the baseband is already unlockable without needing to update to the iPad baseband(which would likely kill your GPS functions). Go to settings>general>about and look at the number next to "modem firmware" if its one of the numbers below then your baseband is already unlockable and all you need to do is download and install ultrasn0w to unlock it.

Unlockable Basebands:
04.26.08 – 05.11.07 – 05.12.01 – 05.13.04 – 06.15.00 – 01.59.00

Ah i knew i forgot to post someyhing ;)

Its baseband 05.15.04 as it was upgraded once to ios 4 but it lagged like hell.
So I downgraded the ios and jailbroke it with jailbreakme