What's new

help finding/unistalling cydia app thru ssh

havokgt

Reaction score
hello to all

I installed a cydia app called adblocker and about 2hours later I tried to open cydia app and it doesn't open, it tries to but closes itself so now I figure that adblocker app thru cydia is messing with cydia app but need help finding it thru ifile so I can delete since I can't access it thru cydia. I have a iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

I'm not sure I understand your problem, you need to delete "Adblocker", not Cydia?
If you have "SBSettings" from Cydia on you phone, open "SBSettings" and tap the "Power" icon toward the lower right hand corner of the SBSettings pop-up, tap the "Power" button, and then select "Safe Mode". Your phone will reboot into "Safe Mode", now go to the Cydia app, and open it. When it finishes opening, tap on the "Manage" icon and then tap on the "Packages" icon. Then go to the "Adblocker" app and tap Modify, and tap delete. Close Cydia and reboot. If everything is OK now, try re-installing "Adblocker" if you want. Adblocker is a great program, probably didn't get installed properly the first time. I wouldn't be without Adblocker on my iPhone or iPad. There's an app called "CyDelete" that will delete Cydia apps from the Springboard, just like Apple does, hold app until it wiggles and then tap the X to delete.

my problem is after installing adblocker thru cydia i cant open cydia, cydia tries to open but closes itself right away. so since the last thing i installed was adblocker i figure thats the problem. now i need to find a way to find adblocker thru ifile so i can delete it and hopefully cydia works after that. since i cant delete adblocker thru cydia since i have no access to cydia. thanks

any help???

I understand that, did you try the things in my first post? The first part does not require you to open Cydia. You have to have SBSetting though.

Although I do not have ad blocker , I believe there is an sb settings toggle to turn it on and off. You have to have sb settings though. Do you ?

Although I do not have ad blocker , I believe there is an sb settings toggle to turn it on and off. You have to have sb settings though. Do you ?

You should try AdBlocker out. It saves your data plan by blocking most of those graphic heavy ads. With out it, your downloading maybe 5kb of text, the meat of what your doing, and 200kb plus of ads. That subtracts data from your data plan real fast, and adds cost just as fast, if you go over your cap.

And get the SBSettings toggle for it so you can disable it when you need to. Best to disable it when on Cydia, it will tell you when too.