What's new

Help, can't hang up a call.

cltb

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I did a search and found threads with iphone 4 problems and I have also looked on other forums but cannon find anyone else with the same problem I am experiencing.
I know there is lots with proximity sensor problems which mine is having to but I can deal with that for now. But here is the thing with mine when I take the phone away from my ear to hang up a call the screen is black and nothing I do will make the screen come back alive again so I can end the call?? So I press the home button or the on/off button (on the top) and after a few presses the screen comes on in the lock screen mode and it is really locked like when I swipe it to unlock it wont unlock, if I try to turn it off, the turn off swipe thing comes up but it wont swipe to turn off.
It is basically locked up, then after about 30 seconds it comes alive again. I have rang apple today and they recommended I do a restore and set the phone up as a new phone which I did and it made no difference.
I told them I am happy to wait for an update to see if it fixes it, I am 3 hours away from my nearest apple store so going in is not an option. I can send it back but at this point don't want to be without it as I am about to go away next week. I love my iphone 4 and just want it to be ok. So has anyone else experienced similar problems such as this??
Thanks and if this problem has already been posted I would be really appreciative if someone could direct me there.

Cheers Barb

I wouldn't hesitate to call apple back and tell them what you have done and if the problem persists I'm sure they will be more than happy to overnight you a replacement.

The thing is with my 3GS I also had a problem to begin with and before they will send a replacement, I have to send back the current phone, so the whole process takes about a week. I really don't want to send it back and I am hoping for a resolution in the way of an update. Maybe this problem is a one off, I haven't heard of anyone else with the same problem??

The thing is with my 3GS I also had a problem to begin with and before they will send a replacement, I have to send back the current phone, so the whole process takes about a week. I really don't want to send it back and I am hoping for a resolution in the way of an update. Maybe this problem is a one off, I haven't heard of anyone else with the same problem??

Hi sometime electronics device start to go wrong software update can’t solve all problem the best you can do is take time and got there and exchange it i am pretty sure they will do it without any hassle … sorry to told you they can’t faster an update just for you … :iphone4vert:

I realize an update may not fix the problem, I really would just like to hear from anyone else who is possibly having a similar problem? If the problem cannot be resolved I will be returning the phone to apple.

Return or exchange it ASAP. You have a phone that is not performing its most basic purpose phone calls. Not much can be done about the delays etc. Sorry but yours is the 1st listing of your problem I have seen so no help there.

I have found if I don't use a case, I don't have a problem! My case is one that in fully enclosed so the top of the case must have been covering the prox sensor causing the problem. Very happy now it's all good!!