What's new

Help. 0 bars after jb, though phone works!

gray_mouse

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have iPhone 4, originally iOS 4.0.2 with 01.59.00 modem, US phone, ATT.

Now in Russia, I jb it with sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 into iOS version 4.3.1, baseband preservation of course. Currently phone has jailbroken iOS 4.3.1 with modem 01.59.00. I installed Ultrasn0w, and then ultrasn0w fixer for 4.3.1.. Phone works. I can make calls. The only thing wrong with it is that it shows 0 bars....... Now let me tell you if I put that same SIM into my iPad1, it shows 4 bars at the same place... my iPhone shows 0 bars where ever I go, but I still can make calls with it.

Also, for your information, I had done a baseband preservation mode upgrade to 4.3.1 via sn0wbreeze and then jb with redsn0w rc9.. Same exact problem.

Please help me out. What to do?

Last edited:
Jailbreaking can create issues for you. You should restore to the factory firmware and jailbreak again.

You should restore to the factory firmware and jailbreak again.

Here I have a question. Since I need 01.59.00 modem, which my phone has, I restore to .ipsw created by sn0wbreeze 2.5.1 in baseband preservation mode without jailbreaking. Is that what I have to do?

or

Should I restore to factory original firmware from Apple? And if yes, then won't that update my modem firmware as well and make me unable to unlock?

Plz answer this, at this point I'm going to do the first option and report.

Here is the FIX: One-Signal-Bar Issue After iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak Got Fixed! | Jaxov

It's an Ultrasn0w issue. They already have the fix and are testing it, it will be released soon. Fix will be in a form of update from Cydia. As soon as it's released I'll post an updated solution here.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ain't life beautiful when everything works out well!!!