What's new

Hello!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]Hi.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]My name is Marilyn and as a new iPhone 4S owner (just delivered!) – I thought I’d de-lurk for the nonce and introduce myself.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I’m not new to Apple and its products/methodology; I have an iPod classic, a Nano and an iPad1. And, I regularly hang out at this forum’s sister site. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]However, I am completely new to iOS 5 because my iPad is jail broken and is still on iOS 4.3.3. So, both iOS 5 and the iPhone 4S are completely new to me. In fact, having a smart phone at all is new – I’ve had a piece-of-garbage Tracfone up to this point. Actually, I didn’t buy the iPhone for its phone capabilities; I bought it for access to data and the Internet. We’ll see how that goes, mainly as I try to remember to carry it around with me![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Right now, I’m having a lot of fun with the iPhone as I learn how it works. Other than that (since I’ve only had it for a few hours), at the moment I can only say – shiny! :D [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I look forward to browsing this forum and learning all the tips and tricks for optimal use of my iPhone. May this post serve as my thanks in advance for all the stuff I’m going to learn here.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Marilyn[/FONT]

Hi back, Mickey/Marilyn.... You're the way I was around 15 months ago -- with a "cool" Tracfone (which I loved) and then entering the smartphone arena. I first signed on with a couple of Android smartphones and liked them, but the Android system seemed a bit shaky (GPS, jerky graphics, lockups...) so I tried the iPhone. Love it, except for iTunes (which sucks, period.) and the lack of easy access to the iPhone"s data through folders (as in Windows Explorer).

As you read through this forum, you'll see people with problems that have jailbroken their devices. Word to the wise....! And you'll see the few, mostly the moderator types, who really know their stuff. Follow their advice -- I do. And have fun with the iPhone. It rules.

Its good to see you here Marilyn. Welcome over. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Welcome..I'm new to the forums but not iPhone. Upgraded my 3GS to the sweet 4s today! Glad u r enjoying it thus far. Be careful as iPhones are highly addictive ;)

G'day and welcome to the forum!!! :)