What's new

Hello World

JohnHoltkamp

Reaction score
Hi there,

As my username suggests, I am John Holtkamp. I've been learning to develop and developing apps for about 8 months now. I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't already gone out seeking forums to learn from pro's and get tips, but the performance of my most recent app taught me that I may need to change something so here I am.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and I'm excited to get involved in this community.

Thanks for the welcome!

I have a quick question that may be something that isn't allowed, or maybe it's completely fine. If there is a problem with it then please just let me know and I'll delete this section of the message:

I was wondering if there is a thread or a group of people who review eachothers apps on the app store. I'm not talking about people who just give 5 star ratings to eachother, I'm talking about honest feedback. I know that something like this could be abused and that would be why it may be a no-no to speak about.

Thanks for any info, and please don't get upset if this is touchy subject.

Seems like a reasonable question to me, but sometimes you just never know! ;)

Welcome,

The iPhone apps section would be the place to go if you wish to review an app. We dont have many app developers on here so thats perhaps why you dont see anyone reviewing each others apps. Of course you wish for our users to review your app/s, free promo codes in return for an honest review are always welcomed...

Thanks a lot Gaz and Dayton!

I believe that you cannot review an app on the app store if you use a promo code, so it wouldn't be all that helpful for me to give out promo codes when no one would end up being able to review ;-)

I'm excited about the forum and I have no problem with a lack of Dev's.

Thanks Again!

No problem. I wasn't aware of that but it makes sence now that you've said it.

There has been devs in the past that have given away promo codes in return for reviews in the forums. I don't know if that is something that would interest you...?

Yeah, I'm sure that I will be posting promo codes :) Any kind of review would be very helpful!