What's new

hello india

There is huge demand of iPhone 4 in India and apple launch iPhone threw Airtel in India.There is only 16 GB iPhone available in Airtel Shop where I inquired.I am currently using iPhone 3GS and want to buy new one but confusing that buy iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5.

There is huge demand of iPhone 4 in India and apple launch iPhone threw Airtel in India.There is only 16 GB iPhone available in Airtel Shop where I inquired.I am currently using iPhone 3GS and want to buy new one but confusing that buy iPhone 4 or wait for iPhone 5.

It's better waiting for the 5 if you are in no need of urgent new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am planning to get an iPhone 4 from 1 of my friends staying abroad. It's used for 1 year.. and is very well maintained as per my wt my friend told me. Now, i am confused because I have plans to buy Nokia Lumia 620 (Win 8) phone. I discussed with some of my friends over the issues that I might face during my usage of iPhone in India, as follows. So, friends, I need your sincere advice over here, for i would be thankful to you all :)

1. It will Not have the warranty. Some 1 suggested me to go for insurance (for which I will need the bill)....Some 1 told that, by hook and crook, we can get the warranty here in India as well........ So, wts the real picture ???

2. 1 friend told me that we can Not open the iPhone for battery replacement / to fix any issues, in case if battery life declines. If it happens, then we have to get the fixing done from Apple only, which eh told is a big hassle in India....... So, wts the real picture ???

3. Can we attach word documents, ppt, excel sheet onto emails through internet browser ??? because as far as i know, we can Not attach any of these thru the apps... So, again wts the real picture...

4. How much does jailbreaking cost ???

So far i have hese ques only. But if need arises, then surely - i will Not hesitate to bother all you guys again

Hi,
I can only answer 2 of your questions. Hope it helps.

As long as you can find someone that repairs iPhone in your country. U need not go to Apple. In singapore if something wrong with our phone within the guarantee period they will just replace with another phone . Was told by my friends apple don't repair our faulty phone. We will have to send to someone here that repair iPhone.
Jailbreak is free if you log in to YouTube and learn from there. There are many great people there to help. My 14 years old son did it all by himself through YouTube .
Good luck .

G'day and welcome to the FoRuM!!!! :)

There is no warranty after 1 yr in any case
You can download attachments like .pdf, .doc, .docx similarly for Excel and Power Point. I use Documents to Go to read these.

i am planning to get an iPhone 4 from 1 of my friends staying abroad. It's used for 1 year.. and is very well maintained as per my wt my friend told me. Now, i am confused because I have plans to buy Nokia Lumia 620 (Win 8) phone. I discussed with some of my friends over the issues that I might face during my usage of iPhone in India, as follows. So, friends, I need your sincere advice over here, for i would be thankful to you all :)

1. It will Not have the warranty. Some 1 suggested me to go for insurance (for which I will need the bill)....Some 1 told that, by hook and crook, we can get the warranty here in India as well........ So, wts the real picture ???

2. 1 friend told me that we can Not open the iPhone for battery replacement / to fix any issues, in case if battery life declines. If it happens, then we have to get the fixing done from Apple only, which eh told is a big hassle in India....... So, wts the real picture ???

3. Can we attach word documents, ppt, excel sheet onto emails through internet browser ??? because as far as i know, we can Not attach any of these thru the apps... So, again wts the real picture...

4. How much does jailbreaking cost ???

1) Unless he has Apple care, the warranty is over anyway.
2) If you live anywhere close to Mumbai, there are a HUGE numbers of outlets that service an "Out of Warranty" iPhone. Got a home button replaced on my iPhone 4 for Rs500 (US$8) and it's been working fine for the last 8 months. I am sure most large cities have the same provisions.
3) Plenty of apps in the app store for reading Office docs.
4) Spend 1 day reading this forum and "Jailbreaking" is FREE

Hope this helps

after i have installed Os 8 , Iphone started hanging and slow...
Welcome to iPhoneForums!

The latest version is 8.1.2. It should fix your problem. After updating, reset your device: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.
The software will need some time to settle in, so wait for one or two days. If it's still slow, restore it using iTunes and reset it again.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

The latest version is 8.1.2. It should fix your problem. After updating, reset your device: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.
The software will need some time to settle in, so wait for one or two days. If it's still slow, restore it using iTunes and reset it again.

Hope that helps.
I have updated 8.1.2 to about 15 days back .....yes after update i have restarted the phone... probably i will check restore it using I tunes .... bcos it is not only me who faces this issue i know couple of my friends who uses iphone4 face the same challenge

Restarting is not the same as resetting. Resetting can even out some glitches you would experience after updating.

Restoring through iTunes should improve the performance.

As far as I know iPhone 4 doesn't get the latest software, only iPhone 4s.