What's new

hello folks

welcome! well you can do a lot with your phone. just explore it and you will find out some good features and apps/games to add.. will you be jailbreaking?

thats why i have came on here, thinking of jailbreaking would like to know more about it to be honest. what to do and what not to do? how does it get bricked as they say. and if i have problems can iundo jailbreak to normal settings is i have any problems with handset

thats why i have came on here, thinking of jailbreaking would like to know more about it to be honest. what to do and what not to do? how does it get bricked as they say. and if i have problems can iundo jailbreak to normal settings is i have any problems with handset

well there is lots of things to learn about jailbreaking lots of pros and cons. ive been doing it for years since 2007 iphone but with the iphone 4 i wont be jailbreaking.

Jailbreak iPhone | iPhone News, Help and Guides some of those features are already added officially but it gives you an idea of what extra you can do. it opens the iphones wings you install cydia and with that comes a load of apps apple are too stupid or stubborn to allow in the app store. a few apps like ssh and the ability to customise your iphone a lot more and change sms tone or using vlc player and emulators and free tethering and this and that im sure some one can tell you some good apps. like changing boot logo, also the ability to change the partition size. atm your iphone has a partition one for the os and the other for your files from itunes or your pc/mac you can change the default size if you want you can install android if you want. the pros are endless with few cons.

a few cons like every new firmware you need to wait for jailbreak to install those cydia/rock apps cydia and rock is basically jailbreak versions of app store, though apple got the idea for app store from the original installer that used to come from jailbreaking in 1.XX firmware. anyway every new firmware you wait and on top of that the apps most of them stop working with every new firmware so you have to wait for them to be ported, and some times they dont get ported. lately jailbreak apps people are starting to charge money. now i believe all cydia apps should be FREE if i wanted to pay i would stick with app store.. well i do pay and i do use app store but my point is cydia should be all about the free apps i mean charging for themes??!?! wtfrig has cydia come to.

you void the warranty when you jailbreak even though its legal now, but if you need to take it to apple you just restore and you lose the jailbreak. so its ok.

all in all i think jailbreaking on the iphone 4 is best give a miss. so far people who have done have had endless problems such as freezing of their iphones or problems with facetime and you have to download fixes.. it sounds all like too much hassle to me, and though i never personally had a problem with jailbreak, the iphone 4 brings so much features that you have less reason to jailbreak.

i guess you should decide for yourself though, have a read of the article have a look in the "hacking" section and you will find lots of info.

Last edited:
thanks for help mate will have a look, see if its worth doing

no worries. good luck, if you have any more specific questions just post in there some one will be able to give you their view some who will say do it and some say not.. and i used to jb all the time. i used to say the iphone is not worth having with out jailbreak lol slowly apple adds the features, and even though multi tasking ive been able to do since 1.1.4 firmware and mms way before they officially added it, copy paste well before also, jailbreak brings it quicker, but then apple officially brings it and better. they just take ages to do it, but they do a good job of it when they do. 99% of the time at least