What's new

Hello All

rjmann

Reaction score
Although I am new here, I'm not new to the iPhone. Have a 3G and a 4. By day I'm a network admin, so I believe I have a pretty good handle on most things digital. Would love to help as much as I can. Kind of looking for a place to call home and this place seems pretty friendly.

RJ

Welcome, I'm an experienced explorer take pride in not knowing what I'm doing however more pride in knowing who to get me out of my problems. This site has been the most helpful and experienced in helping and informing me.

My "IT" at work isn't happy that I've JB my phone however he knows I accept responsibility for not asking him and making sure it is always running, basically he say's I'm on my own and he doesn't want anyone else to JB their phones but all my exploration has proven I can handle things.

With your background you should love it.

Below are the tweaks I've found most helpful.
Uwatch is the bomb! (PM me for more details)

Apps/Tweaks to name a few I need to continue compiling the list but here are some for starters.

Activator: This is a very useful and handy tweak to have. It allows you to customize how you open any app, as well as setting function to almost any gesture possible. Simple by going to the Settings.app you can change the function of the hardware buttons (i.e. double or triple tapping the lock or home button) and on-screen gestures.

Circuitous: Feel like Apple's default app switcher isn't too great? Feel like is just missing something or is not all it could be? Circuitous is an very nice custom app switcher. By default this app appears on the right side of the screen, and can be activated by a custom gesture. You can edit this using Activator (see above). This tweak give you a dock, showing you're open apps in the order you opened them. You can rearrange them by tapping and holding and you can tap and hold then drag them out to close the app.

Direct Closer: This is a simple tweak that automatically adds the red closing badge to the background manager when you double tap the home button.

Fast Copy: A simple tweak that removes the delay for the copy option.

Find In Page: Adds a 'Find In Page' bookmark to the Safari.app, so you can search for a key work on you're open page.

Five Icon Dock: Allows you to have five icons on your dock.

Five Icon Switcher: It allows you to have five icons to the app switcher when you double tap the home button.

FontSwap: Allows to change the font of you're dialer, lockscreen, notes, and the system.

iNoRotate: Allows you to turn off rotation for certain or all app.

iTransform to iPod: For all the iPod Touch users out there, this tweak combines the Music.app and Videos.app into one iPod.app, just like on the iPhone.

LiveClock: LiveClock is a really cool tweak which makes the Clock.app icon display the actual time. The hands move just like a real clock.

MultiIconMover: After you hold an icon on the Springboard, making them wiggle, you can simple tap all the icons you want to move, scroll to the page you want them, and tap the home button, moving them all on that page.

Frash: Allows Flash on the iPhone. When you visit a webpage that has flash on it, a gray box appears the saying "flash." Tap the box and it will load flash. To get this, you will have to add the BENM.AT repo (http://repo.benm.at/) to Cydia.

No Bookmarks: Stops Safari from automatically loading up the bookmarks when you load it.

SBSettings: One of the biggest and most useful apps you can get. When you slide you're finger across the status bar at the top, a dashboard will slide down. From you if allows you to set toggles, and edit options. Some toggles include, brightness, 3g, wifi, and autocorrect. It also gives a dock that you can put links to apps in to load anywhere and lets you put the date, free memory, and other options on the status bar at the top. Even better though, it gives you the ability to hide apps from the springboard.

WeatherIcon: Displays the actual weather on the Weather.app's icon. It is automatically refreshed. It tells you whether is it dark, light, cloudy, rainy, sunny, and much more.

WinterBoard: This is an app that manages and loads themes for you iPod or iPhone. You can download themes that customize you icons, dock, background, lockscreen, and much much more. There are even themes that customize the pop-up notification, and navigation items.

Browser Changer: This will allows you to change the default browser from Safari to any 3rd-party browser you have installed.

Direct Control: For anyone you listens to music a lot while multitasking. This tweaks will bring up the iPod controls first when you double tap the home button.

Disable Multitasking: Just as the name implies it disables multitasking. It can be toggles in the WinterBoard.app.

EnhancedTabs: This is how the Safari.app should be. By going to the Settings.app you can choose from different options. You can choose from, open new tabs in the background (staying on the current tab), and stop on the tab overview. You can also have Safari open to the tab overview if you have multiple tabs open already, and it gives you a button to close all but the current tab.

Five-Column SpringBoard: Gives you a fifth column on the Springboard to put apps on.

Five|Rows: Gives you five rows on the SpringBoard to put apps on.

FolderCloser: automatically closes the folder after launch an app.

Thanks all for the welcome.

JTSVMktg....
My iPhone is JB'ed. Had the 3G for maybe 2 weeks and had to "tinker" with it, so I jailbroke it and never looked back. I'm more into themes than anything else. However i do use gridlock, infidock and infifolders. I think I'll check out a few you suggested, especially Circuitous. That sounds cool.

G'day and welcome to the forum RJ!!! :)