What's new

Hello all. Thanks for the opportunity and hope you can help.

kopperkid

Reaction score
HI, I'm not a Techie person I think my i phone is a 5. Yesterday my phone turned off ??? I don't think I did it. Anyway I plugged it in , recharged it , then turned it on. I went to my contacts and it has gone back to 2014 when I first got it contact list and now has some contacts listed triplicate in the old format. Everything I've done for a year ++ seems to be gone and e-mail addresses etc.. Any thoughts please ?? Am I toasted ??

Also , how do I change setting to make my screen stay on longer before it turns off ??

Thanks very much

Welcome to iPhone Forums, kopperkid!

To keep the iPhone "awake" for a longer amount of time, open the Settings app, go to General and scroll down to Auto-Lock. Tap it, and select something from 1 minute to Never, whichever you prefer.

To your other ptoblem:
First of all, try resetting your device. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see it, let go of both buttons. Your iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't change settings or remove data, but it might help get rid of some glitches you experience. Take a look at your contacts, maybe this reset helped in your case.

If it's still the same:
Do you backup your iPhone to iTunes regularly? An iCloud backup could help as well, if your contacts are not synced by iCloud.
In that case, use your last backup to restore your iPhone, and the contacts and email addresses that were backed up the last time will be there again, without triplicates.

Hope that helps.