What's new

Heart Rate monitors

X_Art_X

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm wondering how good the heart rate monitors for iPhone are.
I wouldn't call them monitors maybe, since they use the camera for a "one time" reading.
Still, has anyone compared the result with a commercial heart rate monitor?

Thanks, Art.

I have and the couple I have tried are just as good as the one I bought from CVS. The one I got at CVS was the type that clips on the finger. The two apps I have tried are obefit pulse and heart rate. They were all within a couple of beats of each other.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The one I have works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using the paid version of Tapatalk

I just got back from a Veterinary conference and there was a demo on a monitor that fits on the back of an iPhone. Alivecor is seeking FDA approval for humans, but I can tell you that the vet product picked up my heart rate and ECG easily just by placing my fingers on the flat probes on the back. Way cool, but for a pricey $190.

Yes this looks cool for me. The few points that I liked about this are: Connects directly to iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, 4S or newer iOS devices Works with over 50 running, cycling, walking and wellness Apps Including Endomondo, MapMyRun, RunMeter, Runtastic, Runkeeper and 60beat heart rate Provides heart rate, average heart rate, heart rate in zones, track calories, graphing and more Soft adjustable strap fits all sizes. Works with newest iPod Nano (gen7) with Bleutooth and the Nike App