What's new

Headphone Jack

rws

Reaction score
My IPhone 4 headphone jack no longer "holds" the male end of the cable. I have used this to plug into the Aux input in my wife's car to play music thru her radio. I was wondering if there is such a thing as an adapter that connects to the bottom of the phone and then out to a 1/8" cable to accomplish the same purpose. Looked up replacing the jack and it's way too involved for me.
Thanks,
Russ

Unfortunately there isn't a 30 pin (the bottom connector on all iPhone up to the 4S) to 3.5mm audio adapter on the market. The only option I could think of there would be using an iPod 30 pin to RCA (Red & White audio) connector... then an RCA to 3.5mm audio adapter.

Unfortunately there isn't a 30 pin (the bottom connector on all iPhone up to the 4S) to 3.5mm audio adapter on the market. The only option I could think of there would be using an iPod 30 pin to RCA (Red & White audio) connector... then an RCA to 3.5mm audio adapter.

Thanks for the reply. I will cobble something together. Probably time to change to a 5S.

Or try a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the head unit and use BT to stream from the phone???