Have you updated to IOS 9?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Post here and tell us how it went.

Are you having any issues?

Last edited:
I got a few update failure messages when I first tried to update. After trying several times, it started downloading the update. From there it finished without any more problems.

I waited until this morning to update my iPad so things had calmed down.
I was amazed that it took less than 40 minutes start to finish, I have known it to take 3+ hours.
It went very smoothly.

I updated phone and ipad last night. Took some time, but went well, download time seems reasonable for a full new OS......

Downloaded and installing through iTunes as I type. So far so good. Will report back when complete.

Update: Installation on 6 plus complete without any problems. 45 minutes total from start to finish.

Last edited:
Yes. I updated through iTunes. I'm having trouble with iTunes syncing my apps. I was running iOS 9.1 public beta. I had to restore my phone. Then restored a backup. There are a handful of apps that will download then they will be darkened out after a short time saying they're waiting. When I go into the App Store it only gives me the option to open the app. So it's like the app is installed but it's not.
Here is an example:
7328c93ceda664eb9e6f63dbe06b7083.jpg

3b38653d271efd6e8ff60d1a9cdedcc9.jpg

Update: So I signed out of the App Store, restarted my phone then downloaded the apps again. We'll see if they black out again.

Last edited:
Yes. I updated through iTunes. I'm having trouble with iTunes syncing my apps. I was running iOS 9.1 public beta. I had to restore my phone. Then restored a backup. There are a handful of apps that will download then they will be darkened out after a short time saying they're waiting. When I go into the App Store it only gives me the option to open the app. So it's like the app is installed but it's not.
Here is an example:
7328c93ceda664eb9e6f63dbe06b7083.jpg

3b38653d271efd6e8ff60d1a9cdedcc9.jpg

Update: So I signed out of the App Store, restarted my phone then downloaded the apps again. We'll see if they black out again.
What happens when you tap the open button?

Nothing would happen. It seems to be working fine so far after signing out then back in to the App Store.

I just updated my iPhone 5s via iTunes, but not without issue. I think that the issue was my PC. One of the drivers kept trying to update, and everything failed. I thought I was going to have to restore to factory settings, and was thankful that I had done a back up right before. I made sure I had the most current version of iTunes, and then restarted my computer. Once my computer rebooted, I plugged my phone in again, and everything went fine.

One thing I have noticed is that my passcode is still only 4 digits.... I thought it was supposed to be 6?

My iOS9 update went very smooth. I took approx an hour. My Verizon 128gb Space Gray 6 Plus is running GREAT, smooth as "BUTTA" and VERY FAST. NO problems to speak of.

Just figured out the passcode! You have to go in to change your existing passcode, and that is when it switches from 4 to 6 digits!

Last edited:
My iOS9 update went very smooth. I took approx an hour. My Verizon 128gb Space Gray 6 Plus is running GREAT, smooth as "BUTTA" and VERY FAST. NO problems to speak of.
I haven't had time to explore it yet, I'm looking forward to trying the Split-Screen.