What's new

iOS 9 update??

2015Girl

Reaction score
i uninstalled the 9 and it says under software to update to iOS 9 beta 4 what's that mean? What software I'm I running? I don't like the 9.

i uninstalled the 9 and it says under software to update to iOS 9 beta 4 what's that mean? What software I'm I running? I don't like the 9.
Apple is no longer signing any version of iOS 8. You can't get rid of iOS 9 on your iPhone. Are you a registered Apple developer? iOS 9.1 beta 4 was just released to developers earlier this week.

If it says there is an available software update it means that it has not actually been installed yet. To find out what iOS version you're currently on, go to Settings>General>About and scroll down the list till you get to version.

It says 9.1

No I'm not a developer. What's 9 beta 4?

If you're not a developer, or didn't join Apple's developer program, you've signed up to public beta.

9 is the current software version. In your case, it's 9.1, which will be released to the public some time later.
Beta means it's not public, it's a software that's tested, it's pre-release software. 4 is the 4th version of the 9.1 beta software.

If you wish to revert to iOS 9 and the regular version, not the beta, use recovery mode to restore your device. This will remove the beta software from your device, and install 9.0.2, the current iOS.
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Last edited:
So what is the 9.0.2?? I did a reset on my phone.

That is the current IOS for those not in the developer or beta programs. In other words, regular iPhone users.