What's new

Have I failed??!!

Rew

Reaction score
Hi,

I have no idea about firmware etc and I think that may have landed me in trouble with my iphone 3gs.

I jailbroke and unlocked it in January. I now want to use iOS5 but without having to use the tethered solution. So, I purchased an official IMEI unlock from the same place last week.

Problem is that they are now telling me that the phone is unlocked with Apple but as my phone is jailbroken on 06.15.00 there is no way to do anything about the fact that I still can't get iOS5!!!

Have I been conned??

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Never trust those unlock sites. Jailbreaks and Software Unlocks have and always will be free. The only way to get an official IMEI unlock is from apple or your network. If they say no then you can't officially unlock. Your phone is not unlocked by Apple.

There's nothing to stop you getting iOS 5 because you updated your baseband. You will need to create a custom firmware using snowbreeze (windows) or pwnagetool (mac) with the updated baseband injected. Of course you will still need to jailbreak (tethered) to use ultrasnow to unlock...