What's new

Hate Closing loads of Backrounded Apps All the Time? Look here

chazzw

Reaction score
There is an awesome SBSetting add on called Remove Background SBSettings that once clicked closes all your apps running in the background at once.

I personally think the apple multitasking is a waste of time and love this add on.... just thought Id share it with you guys.... get it from Cydia or Rock.move Background SBSettings is a new toggle (enable/disable) that removes all applications for the task switcher and kills their processes too.

Note: SBSettings is required.

Remove Background SBSettings is available in Cydia via BigBoss repository for free.

IMG_0184.png
IMG_0185.png

IMG_01901.png
IMG_0005.png

Great little add-on, I use it all the time now to kill those apps eating memory, due to apples shite multitasking.

Except they are not eating memory because the aren't running.... They just pause and they stay in the bar as shortcuts. Only apps that "run" in the background are skype and apps that are actively playing music. If you are somebody that still likes to close them all out...lol This is a really cool add on!

SBSettings can show you how much memory you have available and i can tell you that having any app on the multitask bar whether its paused or not, does consume memory. Only time i have 356mb+ free is when i kill everything. But i guess not everyone will really care about it hah. Thanks will definitely be getting this toggle!

SBSettings can show you how much memory you have available and i can tell you that having any app on the multitask bar whether its paused or not, does consume memory. Only time i have 356mb+ free is when i kill everything. But i guess not everyone will really care about it hah. Thanks will definitely be getting this toggle!

Yeah I noticed that too in SBSettings, if you have the setting to show available mem on your status bar then open a load of apps...watch it drop....click the toggle and hey presto.... its back again...

In my experience I can have that "memory" display on clear everything.. It's around 300.. Leave it sitting on the counter and an hour later it's down to 150.... So I honestly can't see how you can judge what app is using what using that display??

Except they are not eating memory because the aren't running.... They just pause and they stay in the bar as shortcuts. Only apps that "run" in the background are skype and apps that are actively playing music. If you are somebody that still likes to close them all out...lol This is a really cool add on!

Hey you DannyBoy,
I guess you have got more experience than I do when its come to Iphone, but when we talking about programs ... well i have got something to say.

From my experience in Operation system and application development ... There is not such a thing as "not eating memory" for any live thread,
however an idle application use minimum memory usage, but don't let them fool you my friend, there is nothing you get for free// not in IPhone and not in the real life, Take care amigo ;)

Like you say you can't get anything for free.... But I was more comparing the backgrounding on the iPhone to that of a droid... Where the droid runs them pretty much full out using as much battery as when it's up on the display. The iPhone multitask bar pretty much shuts everything down except for (skype,background audio). So it's alot less needed to go in and kill them out.....but as you state they are still sipping your battery.