What's new

iPhone 4s resprings when on low memory?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem.

Basically my iPhone 4s (jailbroken on IOS 6.1.2) resprings or goes into safe mode or shows the apple logo and gets stuck on it (in the event that happens I have to "forcibly" reboot it) when the memory is low. I can't figure out why (and uninstall some tweaks that I may think could cause this problem) because it doesn't always do this! sometimes it just kills apps as it should do and some other times it just does what I wrote above, i've tried recreating the problem and sometimes I can and some other times I can't, that's why I'd really love to find a solution that doesn't involve disabling (through sbsettings perhaps) all tweaks and re-enabling all 1 by 1, it could take quite a long time, it does this once a day, or once every 2 days or 3-4 times a day, it's really random.

Today I wanted to restore just to be on the safe side but IOS 6.1.3 came out, I've searched if a re-restore for IOS 6.1.2 was possible but came out empty handed.

Any advice regarding this is very very much appreciated, thanks a lot in advance to everyone that'll help me out

John

When you run out of RAM, or if you have a leak, it'll crash your springboard. The most probable suspects on iOS 6 are Auxo and SBSettings

Thank you very much, I've just disabled Auxo a couple mins ago and so far no crash, I've tried opening lots of apps without using kill background and it appears to be working... I can't disable SBSettings of course but I'll check if only disabling Auxo will work, thanks once again, if it works I'm in your debt^^

The apparently small memory leak on SBSettings isn't that big a deal. Even with the most recent update, Auxo is still crashing every so often when I try closing out some apps when I'm low. If I do it via SBSettings' Process tab, it works fine. Auxo will crash every so often.

The apparently small memory leak on SBSettings isn't that big a deal. Even with the most recent update, Auxo is still crashing every so often when I try closing out some apps when I'm low. If I do it via SBSettings' Process tab, it works fine. Auxo will crash every so often.
Thank you very very much! I've disabled it and everything works like a charm now! Thanks a lot for being so super kind