What's new

Has Apple Ditched the Mute Switch for iPhone 7?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumoured iPhone 7 Plus images leak.JPG

New images of what is said to be the new iPhone 7 Plus have leaked today on Chinese microblogging site Weibo, via 9to5 Mac. The new images show that, as expected, the 5.5-inch iPhone 7 generally looks very similar to the iPhone 6s Plus, with the exception of the addition of a Smart Connector, which can be viewed at the bottom rear of the phone.

Unfortunately the images are not quite clear enough to be able to ascertain the accuracy of another recent rumour that the iPhone 7 Plus will have a capacitive Home Button that is flush with the display, although the Home Button does definitely look a little different in the photos.

One other notable aspect revealed by the images is that there’s no mute switch visible in its usual position above the volume buttons. The removal of the mute switch would be a big surprise, and has not been previously rumoured for the iPhone 7.

Would you miss the mute switch if Apple ditched it from the new iPhone line-up?

Source: iPhone 7 Plus highlighted in latest leaks, shows Smart Connector, no mute switch

I love the mute switch But it's possible it's now on the pull up screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the mute switch But it's possible it's now on the pull up screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is, but you have to turn on the iPhone and bring up the Control Centre before you can do that. With the mute switch on the side of the iPhone, you can turn it on without taking the iPhone out of your pocket or purse.

Last edited:
I never use it, but if it's going to go maybe it will simply be integrated into for example, the sound lowering button.
Double click mute easy really even l could do that.
And it's a lot less fiddlerly is that a real word ??

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.