What's new

Has Anyone Successfully Installed 5.0.1 OTA?

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
I know we have an IOS forum, but I didn't see any posts on successes with this. My device shows me the 5.0.1. available when I check in settings, but I don't have a good 3G or WIFI connection here at work so I will wait. Also want to know it was smooth sailing for some others first. Thanks. Oh, and I'm kind of skeered to install since my 5.0 battery life has stabilized.

Pseudo-Fed said:
I know we have an IOS forum, but I didn't see any posts on successes with this. My device shows me the 5.0.1. available when I check in settings, but I don't have a good 3G or WIFI connection here at work so I will wait. Also want to know it was smooth sailing for some others first. Thanks. Oh, and I'm kind of skeered to install since my 5.0 battery life has stabilized.

If I were you, I'd wait until I got home and had my phone plugged in before I attempted an OTA update. Just to be safe. :)!

I'd also make sure your data is backed up good as well!

I installed iOS 5.0.1 Beta 2, which I believe is the patch released to the world today, with zero issues OTA. Now I do HIGHLY recommend you do it while on the charger and you know for a fact you have a backup that is at least within a few days of when you install it, just in case.

Thanks. Do we know which "bugs affecting battery life" were fixed? I'm happy with 5.0 now that my battery life has stabilized, but generally want to be running the latest IOS.

Thanks. Do we know which "bugs affecting battery life" were fixed? I'm happy with 5.0 now that my battery life has stabilized, but generally want to be running the latest IOS.

If you find the answer, please tell me because they haven't told us developer jack.

Ha ha. Okay. I was just quoting from a summary of the changes identified in settings under "software update". I'm afraid. Very afraid.....:cool:

If the wifi connection is reliable and you are fully charged or close to it (no less then 95%) then go for it

Yes, on a co-workers 4. It gave an error the first time but took the second.

Do you know how large the update file was?

I just installed it wirelessly on my iPhone 4 with no problems. Took less than 5 minutes to download and another couple to install. No issues at all "so far".

Yes, on a co-workers 4. It gave an error the first time but took the second.

Same here. Got the error, turned around and tried it again immediately and it installed fine. My iPhone runs twice as fast, my car gets an extra 4 miles to the gallon, I no longer have any lower back pain, and all my TV programs are now commercial free. I like this upgrade! :)