What's new

Has Anyone Been Able To Place An Order For iPhone 4

I couldn't order it at all but I was able to place a reservation for in-store pickup :D. 32GB Black. If I like the white better im just going to buy that instead. For now I for sure have the 32gb black one.

Q. I have the 3G and can't remember when I got it exactly, but with AT&T, do you have to have completed my two year sign up? or can I just get the new phone and get the sim cards or data transferred from the old 3G?

nice one chicky. i was going to order to pick up also but the lady said i would recieve it on the 24th so i they will send it to me instead

Wah envy all of u, we in asia have to wait a while longer, hehe.. Im kinda bored of my 3gs as it has been a year already.. And my iPad does not excites me as much anymore, hehe..

Paliometxo,
I was told the same thing from the AT&T rep. I just got off the
phone with them and it's now from the 24 to the 28 th. And things
could change.

It depends on how long you have left on your contract. I'm
4 months shy of the end of the two years and I was able to pre ord
with no problems.
The Sim card from your 3Gs (2G,3G) will not fit into the 4G. One will
have to trasfer all the info.

Paliometxo,
I was told the same thing from the AT&T rep. I just got off the
phone with them and it's now from the 24 to the 28 th. And things
could change.

so it seems they have too many orders to fill them all on the 24th..

i hope we dont get that in the uk

I had given up trying. Had at one point a screen saying "order processing" but it was like that for about 15 minutes. I refreshed the screen, and got the Oooops. Then noticed it was for July 2 ship date, so I figured I would camp out.
Move to 2 hrs later, I got my conformation email from Apple saying congrats on my order! I guess we'll see.

From Yahoo:

CUPERTINO, Calif., June 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Yesterday Apple and its carrier partners took pre-orders for more than 600,000 of Apple's new iPhone 4. It was the largest number of pre-orders Apple has ever taken in a single day and was far higher than we anticipated, resulting in many order and approval system malfunctions. Many customers were turned away or abandoned the process in frustration. We apologize to everyone who encountered difficulties, and hope that they will try again or visit an Apple or carrier store once the iPhone 4 is in stock.

I placed one order for delivery by apple, but even though it showed the same voice plan and data plan from my existing 3g, when i reviewed the order it showed "custom configuration" with no voice plan - I cancelled that order and placed another and the same thing happened

unfortunately you cant speak to apple - I would hate for that "custom configuration" to screw up the 4g when being activated.

Richard
ft lauderdale

WE NEED RUMOR CONTROL:
I am now hearing that all pre ord are no guarantees for an iPhone.
That the shipping date is now July 16th.
It seems they can't fill the pre ord and have them at the stores.
I will contact my rep at AT&T on Friday to get more info.

I would love to know what Mr. Jobs is thinking about all this.

WE NEED RUMOR CONTROL:
I am now hearing that all pre ord are no guarantees for an iPhone.
That the shipping date is now July 16th.
It seems they can't fill the pre ord and have them at the stores.
I will contact my rep at AT&T on Friday to get more info.

I would love to know what Mr. Jobs is thinking about all this.

The only rumor I can help you with here is the shipping date. This is from the Apple Store website. For pre-orders ordered now the shipping date is BY July 14th. I do not believe that is true for 1st day pre orders but I can not be 100% sure.

Here is part of a copy of my email from the Apple Store:

Pickup Date and Time
June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m.
Please note that your reservation will be held until close of business on June 24.

I reserved / pre-ordered yesterday.

this is what apple sent me on the 15th.. she took a few hours and i had to cancelled two iphones but she got there in the end

Date: 15 June 2010 13:06:33 GMT+01:00
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order Confirmation

Hi ********,

Unfortunately i am unable to make any call backs today as it is super busy, however i have managed to put your order through and provide you with a copy of your order confirmation and tracking number.
Please find below your order confirmation and tracking number - W94*******

Enjoy your new Iphone =)

Total: £1,198.00 for two iphones :D