What's new

Guys Who Have Done A White iPhone 4 Conversion...(Please Help)

~Lefty~

Reaction score
Did any of you change the headphone jack and dock connector? I'm having a hell of a time finding a quality white headphone jack and white dock connector. First it was the dock connector. Was missing a tiny clip that the OEM black one had. I think it was a manufacturing issue but I could also be mistaken.

Second, I put the white headphone jack in. Looks awesome, but about 10 or 15 switches later of the vibrate toggle switch, it broke loose. Now the toggle switch isn't a "clicky" feeling anymore, and it doesn't turn the vibrate on/off anymore.

My question is, whoever's done the headphone jack/dock connector swap, have you had any issues and how long have you had the swap for? Lastly where did you get your parts? I know they aren't OEM, and I think I'm having terrible luck with getting any sort of 'quality' white headphone jack or dock.

I'm really thinking of just keeping the black dock in and the black headphone jack, but part of me wants to successfully get this thing converted. It's going to bug me that it's not all white and I really want to get this figured out.

I would just go back the black ones as no ones sees them and the are OEM so they actually work for longer than five minutes....

michael jackson...."it doesn't matter if you're black or white"....why go thru all that mess just to look white? they both serve the same purpose. opening it up and changing things will only mess it up more and degrade its value.

michael jackson...."it doesn't matter if you're black or white"....why go thru all that mess just to look white? they both serve the same purpose. opening it up and changing things will only mess it up more and degrade its value.

To you it may not be important, but to me it is. I personally like the white iPhone. It's just an opinion. You may hate it, but others love it.