What's new

Group Messagine Tones

Lux333

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just got the iPhone 5 last week, and I'm wondering if there is any way to change the SMS/Text (whatever you call it) tone for group messages? What I mean is, I have a group message going with 6 or 7 friends in it, and it's the same tone for group texts as it is for all individual texts. I've looked all over the internet, and I can't seem to find if there is any way to assign different text tones to different texts. Does anyone know if it is it even possible?

Thanks! :)

Was wondering this today myself .... I had different tones for several people on my droid....

iOS 6 allows you to assign different ringtones and text tones for each contact. You have to edit the contact to see utilize the feature.

As for groups, I am unaware of a way to do that, but I need to look further in to it.

After some digging, I can not find a way to do a group tone. Hopefully someone that has more knowledge in the area can chime in and confirm my research or show how to do it.

Darn :( Thanks for looking... if anyone else knows please let us know!

I know if you Jailbreak you can download a tweak from Cydia called "GroupRinger" otherwise like said above you will need to just go to each contact in the group chat and give them all a new tone and same for all of them.

I know if you Jailbreak you can download a tweak from Cydia called "GroupRinger" otherwise like said above you will need to just go to each contact in the group chat and give them all a new tone and same for all of them.

Hmm.. I'd like to do this! But I don't know how to jailbreak... :( I've Googled it, and I can't seem to find a simple way to do it. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I'm not the best with that kind of stuff... can anyone recommend a place that shows you how to do it?

Well right now there is no jailbreak for iPhone 5 on iOS 6 as of now. Soon hopefully