What's new

Grey line at bottom of screen and 'ghost image' of icons

UckoDucko

Reaction score
I recently replaced my iPhone 6 screen.

This is where I bought the screen from:
The issue arose a few days after installing the new screen. I had noticed trouble 'swiping' straight after installing, where for example when trying to close an app in multitask, trying to swipe would cause it to click on the app.

The grey line happened randomly, one day when I woke up. No one had touched the phone, It had been sitting there, charging. There is a very, very faint image of what looks to be the home screen, sort of haunting the phone. When on the lock screen, you can see the apps from the home screen faintly, and also the camera button.

EDIT: There are also the ribbon lines showing

Picture of the grey line: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I'm unable to get a picture of the icons since they are so faint. Is this problem due to a faulty screen? The screen was installed correctly, and after tampering with the display connectors, nothing seems to change/happen on the screen. Help is appreciated.

You may very well have been sold a defective screen. Unless the replacement screen was an official Apple part it could cause any number of problems. For one, there's no quality control to stop defective screens from reaching the public.

You may very well have been sold a defective screen. Unless the replacement screen was an official Apple part it could cause any number of problems. For one, there's no quality control to stop defective screens from reaching the public.

I'm talking to the seller, who's first language isn't english, which makes it hard to communicate. They've told me to have it continuously on for 20 minutes, which should apparently fix the issue. They then said "Did you use the ethyl alcohol to wipe the front and back part?" Which I have no idea what they're talking about. I've requested a refund, and if they don't I'll leave them bad reputation, as from multiple sources I've come to the conclusion that the screen is faulty.

Thanks for the help.

eBay has a very good buyer protection plan that will give you a refund for a defective product even if the seller refuses to cooperate.

eBay has a very good buyer protection plan that will give you a refund for a defective product even if the seller refuses to cooperate.

Hopefully I don't have to go to that extent, and they simply send me a new one. If not, I'll take that into consideration. Thanks for the help

Hopefully I don't have to go to that extent, and they simply send me a new one. If not, I'll take that into consideration. Thanks for the help
Remember, you have only 45 days after the listing ended to open an item not as described dispute if the seller won't voluntarily replace the screen or refund your money. Some shady sellers are experts at delaying you until this deadline has passed.