What's new

Green / black screen after fall

Black9

Reaction score
Hope someone can help. I have an iPhone X which I really like. A few days ago I dropped it from around 6ft to the ground. It’s in a case so seemed undamaged. After the fall it worked fine. Around 30 mins later the screen went green then black.. the phone still worked but there was no display. I tried turning it on and off but still the same issue. I called a phone repair shop who aren’t Apple authorised and they said it would need a new screen. I drove to the shop and on the way the screen came back on as normal. Sadly a few mins later it went black again then back to normal. The shop owner suggested a new screen as he thought my screen was damaged and would continue being temperamental.. as I use my phone a lot I went ahead and got a replacement OLED screen fitted.
Sadly the quality of the new screen is lacking, images and font aren’t as sharp and also there’s shadowing when moving from one page to another.. I also read a green / black screen can be loose wiring rather than a damaged screen.. is there a chance I changed the screen prematurely?

My wife ordered me an iPhone 11 because of my complaints about the pic quality and when it arrived I didn’t like the display of the screen either. After some research I realised it’s an LCD rather than OLED screen fitted to my iPhone X. So now I’ve decided to go for an iPhone 12 as this should be a higher quality version of my X screen..

Hope someone can help. I have an iPhone X which I really like. A few days ago I dropped it from around 6ft to the ground. It’s in a case so seemed undamaged. After the fall it worked fine. Around 30 mins later the screen went green then black.. the phone still worked but there was no display. I tried turning it on and off but still the same issue. I called a phone repair shop who aren’t Apple authorised and they said it would need a new screen. I drove to the shop and on the way the screen came back on as normal. Sadly a few mins later it went black again then back to normal. The shop owner suggested a new screen as he thought my screen was damaged and would continue being temperamental.. as I use my phone a lot I went ahead and got a replacement OLED screen fitted.
Sadly the quality of the new screen is lacking, images and font aren’t as sharp and also there’s shadowing when moving from one page to another.. I also read a green / black screen can be loose wiring rather than a damaged screen.. is there a chance I changed the screen prematurely?

My wife ordered me an iPhone 11 because of my complaints about the pic quality and when it arrived I didn’t like the display of the screen either. After some research I realised it’s an LCD rather than OLED screen fitted to my iPhone X. So now I’ve decided to go for an iPhone 12 as this should be a higher quality version of my X screen..

Going for the 12 was a good decision and checking with Apple Authorized Store would also have helped instead of unauthorized ones, to make sure that you get the correct parts for your iPhone