What's new

GPS not working on 3gs.Need Help

gomleksiz

Reaction score
Hi guys.This is my first message on this forum.
I have been searching all forums but still couldnt find a solution for my problem.
I got a 3gs with a 4.3.3 IOS.It is not an unlocked phone.And the baseband of the phone is 05.16.02

A few weeks ago i decided to jailbreak my phone to try some navigation softwares to find out if the gps unit is working or not.Because as far as i know the default map of the phone was using A-Gps.

Anyway,i tried navigon,tomtom and sygic.There were no clouds and i tried all of them for hours at outside.I couldnt find any signal for tomtom.Navigon and sygic were so inaccurate and slow.i tried it at my car too.My positon on the map was always same.

I need your help.I appreciate all ideas about the problem.Thanks...

Have you turned ON "Locations "in "Settings" for your navigation apps? If that doesn't fix it then - Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

Have you turned ON "Locations "in "Settings" for your navigation apps? If that doesn't fix it then - Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

I will try it and write the result here.Thanks

it didnt work.still same.A-gps is working on maps but the gps device wont work on navigation softwares.what should i do ?

I have a similar problem!
cartoons6.jpg
cartoons7.jpg
cartoons8.jpg

I have a similar problem!
cartoons6.jpg
cartoons7.jpg
cartoons8.jpg

Hi guys.i just wanted to inform you that i solved my problem.I did so many things to get gps work on 4.3.3.Then i did a really stupid thing.I decided to restore an update my device to 4.3.5.Not only it didnt solve my problem,it also prevented me to do an untethered jailbreak.
Anyway,after that i saw a post on a forum.It was suggesting to reset network settings and changing the autolock option to "never".And guess what.It worked.My device started to pinpoint my location in seconds.
Sometimes i switch my network to 3g from gsm.Then i switch back to gsm manually.That may cause the problem.It is like a bug.I guess it is not related with autolock option.
I had the same problem a few times.I have a tethered jailbreak so i didnt want to reset network settings because it was also resetting the device and i had to use redsnow again to open the device.I had to find another solution..Now i just switch my network option manually (i change it to 3g and then to gsm) and that solves the problem.It worked for me.