What's new

GoPhone

Chris1970

Reaction score
Hello! I have an iPhone 4 and I have a contract with AT&T. I don't use it to make phone calls so I figure I would save money even if I paid the early termination fee.

I want to use it as a GoPhone and I just want to use it to make phone calls. I do want to be able to use the internet with my home WiFi but I DO NOT want to pay for any type of data plan.

I have already ordered a GoPhone sim card and a sim card cutter from Amazon. I hope someone can give me step-by step instructions about what to do next after I cut the sim card into a microsim card. Thanks.

First thing is you have to unlock the phone to use it on another carrier if not then you will have to get the Greavy card in order for it to work. Good luck

jbs06civicsi said:
First thing is you have to unlock the phone to use it on another carrier if not then you will have to get the Greavy card in order for it to work. Good luck

+1. Jbs06civicsi meant gevey card by the way. Buts he's right

Do I have to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone even if I had been using ATT and I will be using ATT GoPhone?

I have heard from someone that because I will be staying with ATT, that I don't have to jailbreak or unlock it. Can anyone verify this?