What's new

Google Maps

pilot25

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me does the ipone 4 have accurate google maps like the droids? I don't mean navigation but accuracy within a couple feet so it shows exactly where your car is when you are driving?

Can anyone tell me does the ipone 4 have accurate google maps like the droids? I don't mean navigation but accuracy within a couple feet so it shows exactly where your car is when you are driving?

yes it very accurate the times ive tested, but yes it also uses lots of data< for gps apps like tomtom i believe store the maps on your phone so no data is needed

yeah, I'm guessing with Verizon it'll be unlimited.

so it's accurate to a few feet and follows your car as such?

This is a big deal for me if I decide to switch from the Droid line. I assume it'll never be as good as the Droids but should be good enough.

yeah, I'm guessing with Verizon it'll be unlimited.

so it's accurate to a few feet and follows your car as such?

This is a big deal for me if I decide to switch from the Droid line. I assume it'll never be as good as the Droids but should be good enough.

ya ive used in a moving vehicle and its pretty bang on when you approach an intersection

I'll join the others and say that the iPhone's GPS accuracy is great! Very little difference in "location spotting" between it and my super Garmin HCx Vista.

So, will Google Maps be adequate to use as an in car Navigation system with turn by turn actions while driving?

Thanks,
Ben

So, will Google Maps be adequate to use as an in car Navigation system with turn by turn actions while driving?

Thanks,
Ben

currently no the Maps application powered by google maps does not have turn by turn directions, you can plan a trip that will list your directions like google maps on a computer does but i would suggest that be a safe way to drive while reading the screen, maybe for a passenger to read

Great...thanks for the reply, I will look into the other Navigation Apps with turn by turn directions for that function then....I did like Google Maps Navigation on my Droid....

Great...thanks for the reply, I will look into the other Navigation Apps with turn by turn directions for that function then....I did like Google Maps Navigation on my Droid....

The Mapquest Mobile app is fine, and free. Try it. It may be just what you're looking for.

The GPS is pretty accurate. But the Google Maps has not been upgraded for YEARS. I wish Apple would kick Google and pick a better vendor or at least one that upgrades their stuff. The Android GPS map from Google is really good.