What's new

Google Latitude check in

Volsav

Reaction score
I have had an iPhone 5 since late December 2012. I downloaded the Google Latitude app from the Apple App Store. After I open Latitude and go to Check In, my current location is not listed. Locations close by are listed. Is this normal, or am I missing something? Tim (Volsav)

I have had an iPhone 5 since late December 2012. I downloaded the Google Latitude app from the Apple App Store. After I open Latitude and go to Check In, my current location is not listed. Locations close by are listed. Is this normal, or am I missing something? Tim (Volsav)

Make sure in Settings-> Privacy

That Location Services is on and that Latitude is also set ON in the list.

Make sure in Settings-> Privacy

That Location Services is on and that Latitude is also set ON in the list.

Thank you. The settings on the phone are as you have described them.

Tim

I re-read your post and I think what you are seeing when you click Check In is normal. You will locations close to your current location, not your location.

When you are on the main Friends screen are you seeing your location there, on the top?

Latitude has never been really good at finding very specific locations mainly major places i.e stores govt buildings arenas and things of that sort and most are added by people like yourself adding them. It has never been up to par with FBI or other ones.

Thanks a lot for pointing out the problem, i was also having the sane problem while checking the Google Latitudes on my iPhone.

i think so,most are added by people like yourself adding them. It has never been up to par with FBI or other ones.thanks
1.gif

please refrain from posting external links,thank you.

Thanks for your effort. On the main Friends screen, on the top, my current location is not listed. What is listed under my name is the state I live in, California.

I re-read your post and I think what you are seeing when you click Check In is normal. You will locations close to your current location, not your location.

When you are on the main Friends screen are you seeing your location there, on the top?

Latitude has never been really good at finding very specific locations mainly major places i.e stores govt buildings arenas and things of that sort and most are added by people like yourself adding them. It has never been up to par with FBI or other ones.

Thanks. If that is how Latitude works on an iPhone, I understand. I do see that on another phone I have, an Android, Latitude does give the current location when I use the check in feature. The same is true when logging onto Latitude on the web.

I did try to add my current location and was not able to figure out how. Can I get some help on how to do that?

i think so,most are added by people like yourself adding them. It has never been up to par with FBI or other ones.thanks
1.gif

I did try to add my current location and was not able to figure out how. Can I get some help on how to do that?

go to check in then scroll to bottom of page and select search and then type in the place. i dont know how to add an address or location on ios but if i figure it out i will let you know.

Thank you. When I go to the bottom of the page, select search and type in my current address or name, I receive the message "No Results".

go to check in then scroll to bottom of page and select search and then type in the place. i dont know how to add an address or location on ios but if i figure it out i will let you know.