What's new

Going to Buy My First Smart Phone - 4S - and Have Questions

hermes said:
seneca18 - what is a bumper case? The case I bought with the belt clip doesn't offer much protection. Whichever case i buy it needs to fit in a belt holster.

mtnmedic - that's a terrible story with a happy ending. My iPhone ships with a three pack of Samsung screens. The sales guy assured me they'll work w/o difficulty on the 4S.

Hazmatjeff. How does the phone charge? Wall charger\USB?

The phone comes with a wall charger to connect the USB cable or you can charge though a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I guess I'll start with the caSE that comes with the phone, I like the bumper (or any good looking case that offers good protection). It seems i need to join iTunes before I can download the Motion X Drove GPS and other applications.

Who makes the bumper case? I want to check out their website.

Thanks again.

I guess I'll start with the caSE that comes with the phone, I like the bumper (or any good looking case that offers good protection). It seems i need to join iTunes before I can download the Motion X Drove GPS and other applications.

Who makes the bumper case? I want to check out their website.

Thanks again.
Yes... you'll need to have an iTunes account before you can download any applications. Either through iTunes on your PC or the App Store on your phone.
Bumper Case... quite a few people swear by the Apple branded bumper case. Just check out Apple's website for iPhone accessories. Other than that, hit up Google and Ebay & search for "iPhone 4S Bumper" and you'll have tons of results to look through.

Got the phone earlier today. Verizon guy gave me a brief orientation, applied the screen protector and put on the case/holster.
The case concerns me because it doesn't offer good protection for the corners of the phone. It's a well made black shell.

I'd like to find a holster for a bumper case.

I'm lost with the new phone. I'm scheduled to take an one hour iPhone class next Wednesday.

Thanks for the help/support.

I'll start a new thread.

Mike

Anybody have recommendations for free GPS app for driving and geocaching?

I agree with another reply: Motion X has 2 GPS apps which are really fine. One is for driving around with and the other is for basic GPS use. Search for them in Apple's app store, and you'll see.

Hi, I'm a long time Verizon wireless customer in the midatlantic region. I've got a Windows7 PC. I'm going to buy my first smartphone, a 4S w/ $20.00 data plan, from Verizon. I don't watch movies or play music on the phone. Is the 8GB model ok for my use? I'll probably add a full GPS app to it. Which accessories should I buy, including which screen protector? I wear jeans 99% of the time and keep my billfold in one of my front pockets which probably means I won'y have room for the phone in my front pocket, so I'll need some type of belt holder. Which do you recommend? I don't want to buy the accessory pack from Verizon unless you recommend it.

what else should I know/buy? Which apps are recommended?

Thanks,

Mike

As to the case as stated above, I went with the defender from Otterbox and I love it. Protects my phone and makes it easy to handle.

Have a great day,
HiddenPuppy

Yes, the Otterbox Defender comes with a belt holster. Adds a great amount of bulk but protects the phone really well. I have a defender on my phone and love it. Vzw carries the defender so you can check it out there. If you decide to buy it check out Amazon for some much better deals than what VZW sells it for.

Note that the Otterbox Commuter is also available at VZW but it doesn't fully encase the phone and it doesn't fit in any belt clips (that I'm aware of).