What's new

Go back to 9.1

Trilback

Reaction score
am borrowing my friend's extra iphone. Yesterday I updated it to ios 9.2 and noticed that I can not hear a call unless I am on speaker phone or use my bluetooth headphones(Note, I did not have issues till I updated to ios 9.2). I am trying to roll back to ios 9.1 but I think I am doing something wrong. I looked up my phone info and this is what is told me. See link below. I downloaded iPhone5,2_9.1_13B143_Restore.ipsw. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Lookup Mac Specs By Serial Number, Order, Model & EMC Number, Model ID @ EveryMac.com

I'm afraid that you can't downgrade your friends iPhone to iOS 9.1. Apple is no longer signing iOS 9.1 and any attempts to install it will fail as part of the installation procedure is an online verification with Apple servers. If they detect that you're trying to install an unsigned iOS version, the installation will fail every time. There is no workaround that will allow you to install iOS 9.1 on your friends iPhone.

Is the problem the same for incoming and outgoing calls? Can you hear the call if you're using the included EarPods? If so, it's possible that the phone speaker in the earpiece has failed and it's simply a coincidence that it happened when you updated the iOS on the phone.