What's new

gmail issue ,help!!!

aharonyaronc

Reaction score
hey everyone
when tapping the mail app im getting a massege "cannot get mail the user name or passworg is incorrect" after trying to re enter my mail and password ,server address,etc...(setting,mail) it still dosent work .
if im going to google app i can go to my gmail and see the masseges but not thru my mail app.
it only happend a few days ego,before it was o.k
please advise.
thanks

unluked (t mobile) i phone vertion 4.3.3(04.10.01)

I just went through this when I changed my Gmail password. It turned out that I couldn't use a cut and paste to transfer the password. I had to actually type it in manually.

If you haven't made any changes to passwords, and you're certain that you haven't made any changes in the Gmail settings on your iPhone, try this:

Using your iPhone, visit http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and login using the captcha. Then try accessing your account through the iPhone mail again.

If all else fails you can try deleting the Gmail account and set it up again from scratch.

Dave.
went thru the link you gave me and it did unlucked but im still getting the same message(incorrect etc...),tryied to set a new account.and dident work as well(getting the same message)
thanks for the help ron.

the message is the user name or passworg for imap.gmail.com is incorrect.
whats the" imap" stands for?

IMAP=Internet Message Access Protocol. IMAP has to be turned on in your Gmail settings, but if it was working before and you haven't changed anything then it has to be on. It's on by default. To check it, go to Gmail in your web browser, click on Settings, then Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Make sure that IMAP is enabled.