What's new

Glad to be here!

Eric212

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Eric and I have just joined your site.

I'm from Western Massachusetts, born and raised.

I have been an Android user for several years... until about 2 weeks ago, when my girlfriend upgraded to the iPhone 6, and passed her Iphone 5s down to me. I activated it through Straight Talk, which is a division of Tracfone using their "Bring Your Own Phone" kit. The phone is now running on the AT&T network, through Tracfone (Straight Talk). Complicated huh? o_O I used the same AT&T network via Straight Talk on my past devices, and have been very happy with the coverage for the price.

I know I have heard that prepaid phones may not work as reliably because they are given lower priority on the network compared to contract phones, but I have never had a problem. I get the same LTE download/upload speeds as a friend of mine who has a contract phone through AT&T and pays much more per month. I'm paying $45/month for "unlimited everything". The minutes and texts are truly unlimited, but the data is actually throttled after 3GB. I guess because they don't completely shut the data off they can still call it "unlimited" even though if you ask me, throttling is a form of "limitation" haha. It hasn't been an issue for me so far though.

I was very comfortable with using my Android, so of course getting used to iOS had been a change, but so far so good. They both have their pros and cons in my opinion. I updated my phone to iOS 8.1.1, which is working well so far.

So anyway I am looking forward to asking my questions here, and maybe I can help others in some way too. :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Eric, Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

GDsunshine

Reaction score
Hi Eric GDsunshine here... Welcome I am as well like you new member . 100% i guarantee you you'll love and enjoy it here

Most reactions

Latest posts