What's new

Geotagging photos

thedon1989

Reaction score
I intend to undertake a project involving taking lots of pictures as well as geotagging them. Would be nice if I can export the tags or the geotags and import the coordinates in AutoCAD. Anyone can point me to a useful app or apps to help me accomplish the task? Thanks

Your best bet is to save the pictures from your camera roll to a PC and then asking the Autocad community how to import the data since Autocad's presence in the app store is very limited.

With location services turned on, I still cant see the coordinates in the picture tags when I import. Neither can I see the "Places" on the phone that I have seen on other posts. In the camera app, I just see the camera roll, button for shooting in centre and the thingy for switching from camera to Video. So How can I enable the phone to show the pics on the map or the tags to appear in Windows? Do I need another app in addition to the camera app that comes with iphone4? If I could see the tag for coordinates in the file for the photo, I should be able to extract the infor and import the points into AutoCAD.

I know on my brothers 3G there is a places tab in the photo app that shows where the photos were taken. Did apple take that out as I don't see it on my 4s?

In Photos, go back to the master Albums list. At the very bottom there should be a "Places" button to the right of "Albums" button.

Use the Piciteasy app, it will save you a LOT of time to do that...