What's new

FYI: What Caused Problems

That is interesting, bear7962. I never heard about a charge to "receive a call." Learn something new everyday, I guess.

Thanks for posting. :)

Yep, in the early days, not too long ago really, minutes were minutes - it didn't matter which end initiated the call. If you called or received a call from someone with the same carrier the carrier got the benefit twice for the call.

Eventually, it got better if you were speaking with another cell, before that took over being the primary phoning method. Now, with WiFi calling and everything else, I get rollover minutes I have never need. Of course, I mostly text now. It’s a different world.

Paid twice?! That does not seem right.....

I have a second mobile that has only a very few minutes on it. I keep it as a back up phone. Most months, I do not even use 15 minutes on it, but the minutes do not roll over, which I think is a ripoff. If you pay for the minutes, they should be yours to keep until you do use them. I cannot think of any other product or service where you pay for it, but if you do not consume it all within a certain time frame, you lose what you purchased.

Paid twice?! That does not seem right.....
That’s the way it was but it was not quite paying twice. You burned minutes whether you called or were called. The good thing about that is it is why the politicians were so responsive to including the Do Not Call list for cell phones as well as landlines and to make laws against robo and un-wanted calls to cells. Of course now you don’t answer the phone if you don’t recognize the number, the scam callers don’t care about the laws.

True. I have over 100 numbers blocked on each of my two mobile phones. I get more robo calls, scam calls, and wrong numbers than I do legitimate calls. I keep my emergency mobile's ringer turned off so I can be in peace. My main mobile stays on during the day, but if I want to nap or once I am ready to retire for the night, I put it on Do Not Disturb so I can get some rest. It never fails that the phone will not ring all day long, but as soon as I lie down for a nap, or after I have retired for the night, that is the time a call will come in, and it is usually a robo call or some such. It is enough to make you want to pull your hair out by the roots!