What's new

Full Retail

mattw4220

Reaction score
Hi newbie here!!! I am debating on doing the pre-order on feb 3 for the iphone. The only problem is that i will have to pay full retail for the phone. I have done some research and i can cancel my account with verizon pay the early termantion fee and switch to at&t get the same number of phones, mins text messages as what i had with verizon the only differnt thing would be the data package. I am lost on what to do

Hi newbie here!!! I am debating on doing the pre-order on feb 3 for the iphone. The only problem is that i will have to pay full retail for the phone. I have done some research and i can cancel my account with verizon pay the early termantion fee and switch to at&t get the same number of phones, mins text messages as what i had with verizon the only differnt thing would be the data package. I am lost on what to do

You could also early terminate and just open another verizon account, you wont beable to pre order on the 3rd that way though, you will have to wait till the 10th.

Or you can stay with Verizon, keep your phone number, and pay the full retail price.

do you have room to add one line to your account? it may be cheaper to do it that way but I am not sure.

do you have room to add one line to your account? it may be cheaper to do it that way but I am not sure.

thats what iam doing is adding a line, its only $10.00 extra a month, but i hope they let me do the pre-order on the 3rd with add a line??

$600 for the 16gb, $700 for the 32gb.

I added a line to my account late last week and activated a "retired" env touch on it. It shows up on my verizon account as eligible for an upgrade.

thats what iam doing is adding a line, its only $10.00 extra a month, but i hope they let me do the pre-order on the 3rd with add a line??

If you add a line NOW, using an old phone, you can pre-order on the 3rd since you'll be eligible for an upgrade. You won't be able to pre-order using add-a-line or paying full retail - only customers who are eligible for upgrades can pre-order.

So add a line now, pre-order, get the phone in the mail, activate it on your new line, then cancel that new line, pay the $350 termination fee, then activate the iPhone on your old line. When all is said and done, you'll have a new iPhone for $650, saving you $100 (assuming you're getting the 32 GB version - if you're getting the 16 GB, you won't be saving anything).

That's what I did... added the line yesterday, so now it's on my account and I can pre-order tomorrow.

Also, my customer service rep told me that the inventory is ready, and she believes they'll be shipping when the orders are placed, rather than next week. She didn't seem 100% sure about this, but she just kept saying the inventory is ready.

Hey DDustiNN, did you get in contact with Peggy then? That would be pretty cool if they ship early like that. If so, wonder if you would be able to activate it or have too wait until the tenth.

Yeah she is great! She was very helpful and informative throughout the whole process. I'll be calling her as soon as I get my phone so I can cancel the 5th line. She said she would make sure that I keep my current plan when all is said and done. Even if it gets messed up, as some have reported, from adding new lines/phones, she said she can always make sure it's fixed since I already have it.

Also, I'm fairly positive that you'll be able to activate it as soon as you get it. As long as it's a Verizon phone, you can activate it at any time... I doubt there will be any date restrictions like that. In fact, I'm not even sure if it's possible.

I tried to do a new line with a old phone but they wouldnt let me do that

Why not? If you have a family plan, you can add a line whenever you want. Especially if you're using an old phone. You can only have a total of up to 5 lines though.

Yea, you must be doing something wrong. you can definitely add another line whenever u want at the promotional 2 year contract price.

Yea, you must be doing something wrong. you can definitely add another line whenever u want at the promotional 2 year contract price.

i thought it was funny too. but she would not let me do that!!