What's new

Full iphone build

david_webber

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so please be gentle if this question has ever been asked before. Can I buy each part of an iphone 4 and put it together myself? Will it work or do I need some special programing? I would guess it can be done, the sim card would have the AT&T data on it making the phone usable on their network.

Has anyone tried this? If so, please share your experience. Thanks!

I think it would be interesting to try it. But counter economic if you have to buy everything.

There isn't much inside iPhone, battery, screen, mainboard, case.

Hey mouse, I researched the parts needed except for the logic board which is very pricy, but I did find all the parts.

The total for just these parts is 565.37 with out tax. So, is it do-able yes, is it cost effective, no!

Don't know about iPhone, but friend just brought me an iPad, which he found. Either somebody sat on it or it was disassembled, the screen wasn't glued in place and floated when you press on it. Crappy feeling.

I'm a big believer into you get what you pay for.

For me it wouldn't be worth it.

Better look for gray iPhones on flea market. But personally I would just buy a new one; gray one could land you in the house in my country.

Last edited:
Would be more expensive as you cant buy wholesale items but would be fun project.

Would be more expensive as you cant buy wholesale items but would be fun project.

Yeah Adam, I have the entire list and the links but I need a few more posts before I can post the links as well as the parts. I really want to do it but it's just to much money. There are a few websites and Youtube vids that show how to take the phone apart and rebuild.